It’s time for On the CASE with Ann & Nicole! Your favorite stamping sleuths are back at work continuing our quest: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs breaking down gorgeous samples, step-by-step, just for you! In “case” this is your first “On the CASE” visit, here is the scoop: Twice a month, on the second and fourth Wednesdays, we will be CASEing a card from one of Stampin’ Up!’s current catalogs. CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we will be doing. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. This week I selected a set from the Occasions Catalog. Are you ready for On the CASE: Picnic with You? Let’s get ready to stamp!
On the CASE: Picnic with You
Occasions Catalog – Page 6
Have you ever purchased a set just because of a single card? Well, that is what happened to me with this set. I absolutely adore the picnic basket card, and I wanted it to make an anniversary card for my husband. Yes…I had other sets I could have used, but I just could not resist the “Every day with you is a picnic” sentiment.
Shall we get this CASE solved?
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Picnic with You Bundle
Paper: Soft Sky (4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ for the card base, 4″ x 5-1/4″), Whisper White Cardstock (3-3/16″ x 3-1/2″, 2″ x 4-5/8″, scraps), Old Olive (2-1/2″ x 4″)
Ink: Basic Gray Archival, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive, Real Red, Soft Sky, Soft Suede
Other: Big Shot, Basket Builder Framelits (included in bundle), Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Banner Triple Punch, Tuttie Frutti Washi Tape, Fine-Tip Glue Pen or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Soft Sky cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base. Emboss the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Soft Sky cardstock with the Simple Stripes Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
Adhere to the card base.
2. Punch one end of the 2″ x 4-5/8″ piece of Whisper White cardstock with the Banner Triple Punch.
3. Add one strip of Daffodil Delight Tutti Frutti Washi Tape to the top of the banner. Add two strips of Washi Tape to the bottom.
Adhere to the card base.
4. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Gray.
5. Stamp the images in the colors listed. Use the appropriate framelit to cut them out.
- Basket and 2 handles – Crumb Cake
- Table cloth – Real Red
- Cheese – Daffodil Delight
- Bottle – Real Red
- Salt and Pepper Shakers – Basic Gray
- Apple – Real Red
- Bread – Soft Suede
- Bowl – Basic Gray; Cherries inside – Real Red
- Glasses – Basic Gray; Wine – Real Red
6. Die cut FIVE strips of grass from Old Olive. Adhere to the bottom of the sentiment panel. (Note: Only 4 strips are shown in the picture, but it does take 5.)
7. Adhere the handles to the picnic basket using either the Fine-Tip Glue Pen or Multipurpose Liquid Glue. Add the cloth next. Pack the basket with the apples and cheese, followed by the bottle, bowl of cherries, and finally the salt and pepper shaker and bread. Add dimensionals to the back of the basket at the top and adhere to the sentiment panel. Tuck the bottom of the basket behind the third strip of grass. Add the wine glasses.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
There is not a single thing on this card which is hard to do. Difficulty Level: 2.5 out of 5, simply because there is a lot of die cutting.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! What she has CASED is a cutie patootie card for sure!
Would you like to check out the most recent Cold CASE Files? Try these:
On the CASE: The CASE of Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts
On the CASE: The CASE of Daisy Delight
On the CASE: The CASE of a Magical Day
On the CASE: A Case of Petal Palette
On the CASE: Beautiful Bouquet Sentiment
On the CASE: Lovely As a Tree
On the CASE: A Season to Sparkle
The CASE of A Brightly Lit Christmas
A CASE of Good Tidings
A CASE of Nature Sings
A CASE of Snowflake Sentiments
A CASE of Gourd Goodness
The CASE of the Sheltering Tree
The CASE of the Beautiful Bouquet
The CASE of the Birthday Blooms
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed On the CASE: Picnic with You, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. Don’t forget, a $50 order will also qualify you for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item! If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards and Sale-A-Bration items.
Remember, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time – CASE away!