Welcome to our first On the CASE of the New Year! Your favorite stamping sleuths are back at work continuing our quest: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs breaking down gorgeous samples, step-by-step, just for you! In “case” this is your first “On the CASE” visit, here is the scoop: Twice a month, on the first and third Wednesdays, we will be CASEing a card from one of Stampin’ Up!’s current catalogs. CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we will be doing. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. Both Nicole and I opted to CASE a card from the new Occasions Catalog , which goes live today! It’s time for On the CASE: A CASE of Petal Palette.
On the CASE: A CASE of Petal Palette
Occasions Catalog – Page 23 (set), Page 22 (card)
I am in love with the new Petal Palette stamp set. I had so much fun creating my first card with this set (see it and the tutorial HERE), that I couldn’t wait to CASE one of the lovely Petal Palette designs found in the new Occasions Catalog. I selected the one which features the adorable little bird image. I hope you will give this card a try!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Petal Palette Bundle
Paper: Basic Black (5-1/2″ x 11″), Old Olive (4-1/2″ x 3-1/2″), Pool Party (3-1/2″ x 1-1/2″), Silver Glimmer (4-1/4″ x 1-1/2″), Whisper White (2-1/2″ x 2″), Petal Passion Memories & More Card Pack
Ink: Basic Black Archival, Pool Party
Other: Aqua Painter, Big Shot, Petals & More Thinlits, SNAIL Adhesive, Tear & Tape Adhesive, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Petal Passion Embellishments
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
(Note: Although not shown in the catalog, I created a card base in order to convert this into a conventionally sized card. Although this card uses items from the Petal Passion Memories & More Card Pack, you can substitute designer series paper of your choice, and die cut a label using the Lots of Labels framelits.)
1. Score the Basic Black card stock at 4-1/4″ to form the card base.
2. Select the 4′ x 6″ Polka Dot card from the Petal Passion Memories & More Card Pack. Cut 3/8″ off each end.
3. Adhere to the card base.
4. Select the 4″ x 2-7/8″ label card from the Petal Passions Memories & More Card Pack. Ink the Dots image with Pool Party and stamp the label full strength the first time, and stamp two more times up the label without re-inking.
Adhere into position on the card base using dimensionals.
5. Ink the Bird image in Basic Black and stamp onto Whisper White card stock. Add touches of Pool Party as illustrated using the Aqua Painter. Tip: Gently squeeze the closed ink pad in order to puddle ink in the lid. Use this ink with the Aqua Painter.
Die cut with the bird thinlit.
Set aside to use later.
6. Die cut the leaves from Old Olive.
Adhere to the label using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
7. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black onto Pool Party. Die cut out.
8. Die cut the border from Silver Glimmer Paper.
9. Adhere the sentiment to the Glimmer Paper as shown, using Tear & Tape Adhesive.
10. Pop up on dimensionals, and adhere to the label.
11. Adhere the bird into position using a dimensional.
12. Add two Petal Passion leaf embellishments –
adhering into position with glue dots.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
In the mood for an easy card? Then this one’s for you! There are no difficult techniques involved at all. I can’t wait to use more of the Petal Passions Memories & More cards to design quick and easy cards like this one! I feel a class coming on!!! Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! You will love what she has created for you. It’s awesome!
Would you like to check out the most recent Cold CASE Files? Try these:
On the CASE: Beautiful Bouquet Sentiment
On the CASE: Lovely As a Tree
On the CASE: A Season to Sparkle
The CASE of A Brightly Lit Christmas
A CASE of Good Tidings
A CASE of Nature Sings
A CASE of Snowflake Sentiments
A CASE of Gourd Goodness
The CASE of the Sheltering Tree
The CASE of the Beautiful Bouquet
The CASE of the Birthday Blooms
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed On the CASE: A CASE of Petal Palette, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
And remember, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time – CASE away!