Boxer puppy pictures are at the end of today’s post. But first, let’s stamp a card! Who couldn’t use a pretty thank you card, especially one as easy to create as this one? The Petal Passions Designer Series Paper is easily colored using Stampin’ Blends, while Lemon Lime Twist Glimmer Paper adds beautiful bling! This pretty thank you card is a cinch to create using the step-by-step tutorial I have made for you. I hope you enjoy today’s card. Have fun creating your own!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Petal Palette (145785 W or 145788 C) OR Petal Palette Bundle (145973 W, 145974 C)
Paper: 144243 Berry Burst Cardstock (4-1/4” x 11”) scored at 5-1/2” to form the card base, 100730 Whisper White Cardstock (scrap), 144245 Lemon Lime Twist (4” x 5-1/4”), 145601 Myths & Magic 6” x 6” Glimmer Paper (Lemon Lime Twist – 2” x 2”, 4” x 1”, 4-1/2” x 3”), 145589 Petal Passions Designer Series Paper (3-7/8” x 5-1/8”)
Ink: 144083 Berry Burst, 131181 Soft Sky, Stampin’ Blend Combo Packs: 144603 Daffodil Delight, 144597 Old Olive, 144604 Pink Pirouette, 144605 Pool Party, 144602 Rich Razzleberry, 144608 Color Lifter
Other: 143263 Big Shot, 141705 Layering Circles Framelits, 145655 Petals and More Thinlits (included in bundle), 102845 Blender Pens, 145489 Berry Burst 3/8” Metallic Edge Ribbon, 145632 Glitter & Clear Epoxy Shapes, 141897 Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Pen, 104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals, 104332 SNAIL Permanent Adhesive, 138309 Fine-Tip Glue Pen
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
1. Using Stampin’ Blend Combo Packs, color the Designer Series Paper pattern shown in the picture as follows: Large Flower – petals in Rich Razzleberry with center and highlights in Pink Pirouette; Leaves – Old Olive; Medium Flowers and Roses – Pink Pirouette with Daffodil Delight centers if needed; Small Flowers – Pool Party. Outline all images in Soft Sky ink using a Blender Pen.
Notice how I left white highlights which I colored in with Pink Pirouette?
2. Adhere the designer paper to the Lemon Lime Twist cardstock. Add Berry Burst ribbon 5/8” up from the bottom. Adhere to the card base.
3. Accent the large flower with Wink of Stella. Add round Clear Epoxy Shapes to the center of the large flower and two small flowers.
4. Die cut the lacy border and leaves from the Petals and More Thinlits collection from Lemon Lime Twist Glimmer Paper. Adhere as shown using the Fine Tip Glue Pen.
5. Ink the sentiment in Berry Burst ink, masking as necessary in order to place the words on top of each other. (I inked the sentiment, placed a post-it note over “you”, and stamped onto Whisper White cardstock. Then I repeated the process, only the second time I covered the word “thank”. A Stamp-a-ma-jig will help you place the words perfectly. ) Die cut using the Layering Circles Thinlits. (I used the second smallest circle.) Create the corresponding scallop circle from glimmer paper. “Pop” the sentiment on top of the scallop using dimensionals. Adhere to the card. Tip: Tear & Tape Adhesive will stick perfectly over the glimmer paper.
Just think of all the pretty thank you cards you could make from a package of Petal Passions Designer Series Paper! And if you are not in need of a pretty thank you card, how about a birthday or thinking of you card?
If you would like to check out more cards made with the Petal Palette Bundle and the Petal Passion Suite, check out these posts:
If you enjoyed today’s “Pretty Thank You Card” and would like to make your own, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
Meet the Puppy
I wasn’t in the market for a new family member. But who could resist this sweet face?
Meet Happy Tail’s – Anscha Dressed for Success, otherwise known as GQ. I own GQ with his breeder, Amy. Because Amy is on the road at dog shows, she knew she would not be able to give GQ the type of home and socialization a puppy needs. She enlisted my help … and the rest is history. GQ will live with the Schach Pack until it is time for him to be nationally campaigned in two years. During the time he is being campaigned, he will live with Amy, but Kim and I will see him on show weekends. He will return to his forever home with us when he retires from the show ring,
Not only has GQ won the hearts of my husband and I, Muffy has adopted him as her own!
Her face may be silver, but she is still young at heart! I will be sure to post pictures of GQ’s puppyhood.
I hope you enjoyed today’s post and card. Remember, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…