Welcome to this week’s On the CASE with Ann & Nicole, an endeavor undertaken with my friend and stamping buddy, Nicole Watt of Pixel Maven’s Retreat. In “case” this is your first On the CASE visit, here is the scoop: Twice a month, on the first and third Wednesdays, we will be CASE-ing a card from one of Stampin’ Up!’s current catalogs. CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we will be doing. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free step-by-step tutorials! Let’s get on to today’s CASE!
Page 150 – Annual Catalog 2017 – 2018
The beautiful sponged background over white embossed “leaves” of this gift bag appealed to my simple side. I loved the “pop” of brightness and the bling, while the tissue paper is absolutely fabulous! But alas – I did not need a gift bag…
So enter the card! For the most part, I stayed true to the catalog version, except for the “card conversions”. I can’t wait to drop this one in the mail!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Sheltering Tree
Paper: Whisper White Thick Cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″), Whisper White Cardstock (4″ x 5-1/4″), Crumb Cake cardstock (4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″, 2″ x 1/2″)
Inks: Crumb Cake, Pool Party, Soft Suede, VersaMark
Other: Iridescent Sequins, Fine-Tip Glue Pen, Heat Tool, Stamping Sponges, Linen Thread
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base.
2. Stamp the tree image in Crumb Cake ink. Stamp the “leaves” in VersaMark, and heat emboss with White Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
4. Ink a wedge from a stamping sponge with Pool Party ink. Remove some of the ink on scratch paper, and then apply over the embossed leaves as shown. Repeat until the desired shade of color has been reached. Remove the excess color using a tissue or a paper towel. Adhere to the Crumb Cake panel.
5. Add a snippet of Linen Thread around the front of the card. (I doubled mine to make it thicker.) Adhere the card front to the card base.
5. Selectively ink the sentiment in Soft Suede and stamp onto Crumb Cake. Snip a “V” into each end using paper snips. Adhere to the card front with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
6. Embellishment with a Linen Thread bow and Calypso Coral colored sequins. Tip: Adhere the sequins with a spot of glue, using the Fine-Tip Glue Pen.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE
If you like to heat emboss, today’s card is right up your alley. The techniques involved in making today’s card are not difficult at all. Just remember, patience is a virtue. You can always deepen the color, but it is far more difficult to lift color off. Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASE-ing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole, the Pixel Maven, to see the CASE file she has been working on. You will love it! And remember, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time – CASE away!
Ready to get On this CASE? If you would like to try your hand at creating today’s card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store.
- Add the above monthly Host Code to your online orders of $75 or more, before tax and shipping, and a special gift from me. This month’s gift will be a special surprise from the Holiday Catalog.