Welcome back to On the CASE with Ann & Nicole, an endeavor undertaken with my friend and stamping buddy, Nicole Watt of Pixel Maven’s Retreat. In “case” you missed our maiden post, here is the scoop: Twice a month, on the first and third Wednesdays, we will be CASE-ing a card from one of Stampin’ Up!’s current catalogs. CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we will be doing. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free step-by-step tutorials! Let’s get on to today’s CASE!
Page 93 – Annual Catalog 2017 – 2018
With its bright and cheerful colors, as well as an abundance of white, this card created with the Beautiful Bouquet bundle immediately caught my eye. I loved the flirty, feminine touches, such as the delicate doily, the linen thread bow, and the sparkly enamel dots.
I stayed stay true to the catalog version. With all of the wonderful details, there was no need to step it up. I hope enjoy today’s card!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Beautiful Bouquet
Paper: Whisper White Thick Cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″), Whisper White Cardstock (2-3/8″ x 2-3/8″, scraps), Pear Pizzazz Cardstock (4-1/2″ x 2-1/2″), Pool Party Cardstock (3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″)
Inks: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Soft Sky
Other: Big Shot, Bouquet Bunch Framelits, Layering Squares Framelits, Polka Dots Basic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Magnetic Platform, Precision Base Plate, Big Shot Die Brush, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Glue Dots, Glitter Enamel Dots, Delicate White Doilies
On the CASE Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base.
2. Run the front of it through the Big Shot with the Polka Dot Basics Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.
3. Use the 3″ (outer dimension) Scalloped Layering Square framelit to create the Pool Party panel. Layer a 2-3/8″ x 2-3/8″ piece of Whisper White cardstock on top of the Pool Party. This can be created with the 2-5/8″ (outer dimension) Layering Square framelit. Cut a pie-shaped wedge from the Delicate Doily, and adhere to the back.
4. Ink the small flower image in Daffodil Delight, and stamp onto the white panel. Ink the sentiment in Crumb Cake and stamp into the lower left corner. Adhere to the card base with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
5. Create the stems from Pear Pizzazz cardstock and the stems framelit. Here’s a Tip: Use the Precision Plate and the Die Brush, and this greenery will “pop” right out of the die.
6. Stamp the Wrapper in Crumb Cake and cut out using the framelit.
7. Ink the various flower images in the colors indicated and cut out using the appropriate framelits.
7. Die cute the Whisper White fronds.
7. Arrange the flowers as shown, using Glue Dots and Stampin’ Dimensionals. Tie a Linen Thread bow around the wrapper and adhere to the bouquet. Adhere the centers to the Bermuda Bay flowers. Embellish with Glitter Enamel Dots.
How Hard Was It to Crack this CASE?
The techniques involved in making today’s card are not difficult at all. I would definitely recommend using the Magnetic Platform in order to hold the framelits in position over the stamped images when you cut them. Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5, simply because it does take time die cutting all of the flowers.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASE-ing the catalog too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole, the Pixel Maven, to see the CASE file she has been working on. You will love it! And remember, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time – CASE away!
Would you like to check out the most recent Cold CASE File? Click HERE
Ready to get On this CASE? If you would like to try your hand at creating today’s card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store.
- Add the above monthly Host Code to your online product orders of $50 or more (before tax and shipping) and receive a card tutorial.
- Add the above monthly Host Code to your online orders of $75 or more, before tax and shipping, and earn the tutorial and a special gift from me. This month’s gift will be a special surprise from the Holiday Catalog…to be announced later.