Nicole and I are back On the CASE this week continuing our quest: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs breaking down gorgeous samples, step-by-step, just for you! Here is the scoop: Every other Wednesday, we will be CASEing a card from one of Stampin’ Up!’s current catalogs. CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we will be doing. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. Can you believe that between the two of us we have currently solved 32 CASEs! I’m back in the Annual Catalog today with a CASE of a card that is perfect for showing your support of someone. Are you ready for On the CASE: Weather Together? Let’s get stampin’!
On the CASE: Weather Together
Annual Catalog Page 93
Isn’t this card perfect for showing support to someone who may be experiencing a bit of stormy weather in their life? What better way to let them know you’ve got “them covered”?
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Weather Together
Paper: Daffodil Delight (4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ for the card base; 3″ x 2″ for umbrella), Whisper White Cardstock (2 pieces 3″ x 2″ for umbrellas; 3-1/2″ x 3″ for backing; scraps for clouds and sentiment, ), Watercolor Paper (4″ x 5-1/4″)
Ink: Basic Black Archival, Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Soft Sky (or Pool Party), Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
Other: Big Shot, Umbrella Weather Framelits, Classic Label Punch, Aqua Painter, Fine-Tip Glue Pen or Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL Adhesive, Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, Pearl Basic Jewels
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Daffodil Delight cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base.
2. Watercolor the background using an Aqua Painter and Soft Sky or Pool Party ink. Follow this by “flicking” a few spatters. (I used the brush end of an empty Aqua Painter to make the spatters.) Use the Raindrop framelit to create raindrops in the areas shown in the photo. Adhere white cardstock behind the droplets. Adhere to the card base. (Note: I used Soft Sky for my background. My Pool Party was looking a little too greenish for my liking. It really has not looked the same since I reinked it. Hmm…)
3. Die cut two clouds from Whisper White cardstock. Adhere to the card base in the location shown in the photo. Use SNAIL to adhere the larger one, then “pop” the second one up on a dimensional.
4. Stamp the striped umbrella in Melon Mambo.
5. Stamp the umbrella outline in Melon Mambo. Stamp the dots next. To achieve the dots in the middle section of the umbrella, mask the two outer sections, and once again use the dots stamp to add the dots to the middle.
6. Use the umbrella framelit to die cut out the umbrellas.
7. Ink the umbrella outline in Daffodil Delight and stamp onto Daffodil Delight cardstock. Die cut with the umbrella framelit.
8. Stamp the shaft three times in Basic Black Archival ink. Color in the tips and handles using a Stampin’ Write Marker.
9. Adhere the shafts to the back of the umbrella canopies. Using dimensionals, “pop” them onto the card base.
10. Ink the sentiment in Basic Black.
Punch out using the Classic Label punch. Adhere to the card with mini-dimensionals.
11. Color a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine using a method of your choice. I simply ran it over the surface of the ink pad. But, you can also use a Stampin’ Blend or a Stampin’ Write Marker.
12. Accent with three pearls.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
There were several steps involved in creating today’s card: die cutting, watercoloring, masking, dying twine. Although not a single one was difficult on its own merit, they did take time. Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5, because of the time investment.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. She is back in the annual catalog, too. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!
Would you like to check out the most recent Cold CASE Files? Try these:
On the CASE: Picnic with You
On the CASE: The CASE of Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts
On the CASE: The CASE of Daisy Delight
On the CASE: The CASE of a Magical Day
On the CASE: A Case of Petal Palette
On the CASE: Beautiful Bouquet Sentiment
On the CASE: Lovely As a Tree
On the CASE: A Season to Sparkle
The CASE of A Brightly Lit Christmas
A CASE of Good Tidings
A CASE of Nature Sings
A CASE of Snowflake Sentiments
A CASE of Gourd Goodness
The CASE of the Sheltering Tree
The CASE of the Beautiful Bouquet
The CASE of the Birthday Blooms
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed On the CASE: Weather Together, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. Don’t forget, a $50 order will also qualify you for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item! If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards and Sale-A-Bration items.
Remember, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time – CASE away!