It’s time for On the CASE with Ann & Nicole! Your favorite stamping sleuths are back at work continuing our quest: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs breaking down gorgeous samples, step-by-step, just for you! In “case” this is your first “On the CASE” visit, here is the scoop: Twice a month, on the first and third Wednesdays, we will be CASEing a card from one of Stampin’ Up!’s current catalogs. CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we will be doing. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. This week I selected a set from the Occasions Catalog. Are you ready for On the CASE: The CASE of Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts? Let’s get ready to stamp!
On the CASE: The CASE of Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts
Occasions Catalog – Page 34
Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts is as you might guess, a sweet set! I was sold on the set’s namesake sentiment, “Friendship’s sweetest thoughts blossom in the heart”. The images are so delicate and precious, I couldn’t wait to try my hand at recreating the adorable flower cart Thinking of You card.
I hope that today’s CASE gets your creative juices flowing. Let’s get on this CASE!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts
Paper: Whisper White Thick Cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″ for the card base, 3″ x 4-1/4″, 3″ x 3/4″), Vellum Cardstock (3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″), Sweet Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″)
Ink: Basic Black Archival, Calypso Coral, Silver Baker’s Twine, Watercolor Pencils
Other: Blender Pens, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base. Cover the front with designer series paper.
2. Adhere the vellum. Keep the adhesive at least 1/4″ from the edges so the next layer will cover it.
3. Stamp the flower cart image in Basic Black onto Whisper White cardstock. Using watercolor pencils, color as follows: Cart – Early Espresso; Leaves – Old Olive; Flowers- Calypso Coral; Bird – Daffodil Delight; Heart – Calypso Coral. Blend using a Blender Pen, adding more color as needed. Note: In the light areas, such as two of the flowers, and the green area behind the flowers, only a minimum amount of color is needed. Practice on scrap paper first to get the desired results.
4. Add a Silver Baker’s Twine Bow.
5. Adhere the image panel to the card base at a slight angle using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
6. Stamp the sentiment in Calypso Coral. Snip the ends to form a “V”. Pop onto the image with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
7. And most importanly, send to someone to let them know you are thinking of them!
Of course, I couldn’t wait to add my own little touches, so I created a second card. I added pearls to the flowers, shaded the images lightly with Soft Sky ink, and instead of placing the image panel on the card at an angle, I straightened it up.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
What can I say? This adorable card is a snap to make! Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5, only because there are layers.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! You will be “bubbling over” with enthusiasm with what she has created for you!
Would you like to check out the most recent Cold CASE Files? Try these:
On the CASE: The CASE of Daisy Delight
On the CASE: The CASE of a Magical Day
On the CASE: A Case of Petal Palette
On the CASE: Beautiful Bouquet Sentiment
On the CASE: Lovely As a Tree
On the CASE: A Season to Sparkle
The CASE of A Brightly Lit Christmas
A CASE of Good Tidings
A CASE of Nature Sings
A CASE of Snowflake Sentiments
A CASE of Gourd Goodness
The CASE of the Sheltering Tree
The CASE of the Beautiful Bouquet
The CASE of the Birthday Blooms
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed On the CASE: The CASE of Friendship’s Sweetest Thoughts, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. Don’t forget, a $50 order will also qualify you for a FREE Sale-A-Bration item! If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards and Sale-A-Bration items.
Remember, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time – CASE away!