Hi, everyone! I am smitten with the Good Tidings stamp set. After the latest On the CASE creation made with this set – see post HERE – I just had to create another card with it. This one has fewer steps and details, but still has a “Wow” factor of its own, don’t you think? I have included a step-by-step guide for you, in case you would like to create your own! Enjoy today’s easy Good Tidings card with tutorial – and some Boxer News, too!
Colors of the Day
Stamps, Paper and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Good Tidings (144870)
- 140272 Whisper White Thick Cardstock (4-1/4” x 11”)
- 100730 Whisper White Cardstock (3-7/8” x 5-1/8”, 3-1/4” x 4”, 3” x 4”, scrap)
- 102482 Real Red Cardstock (4” x 5-1/4”)
Ink: 140931 Basic Black Archival, 126953 Old Olive, 126949 Real Red, 131179 Smoky Slate, 126978 Soft Suede
Other: 143263 Big Shot, 141706 Layering Ovals Framelits, 143708 Pinewood Planks 3D Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 141714 Sponge Brayers, 103579 Paper Snips, 144108 Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, 104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals, 104332 SNAIL Permanent Adhesive, 144631 Real Red 1/8” Ribbon
Step-by- Step Instructions
1. Score the Whisper White Thick Cardstock at 5-1/2” to form the card base.
2. Run the Whisper White cardstock through the Big Shot with the Pinewood Planks folder. Lightly brayer with Smoky Slate to enhance the woodgrain. Mat onto Real Red.
3. Stamp the sentiment in Basic Black and cut out using the largest Layering Ovals Framelit. Using dimensionals, adhere as shown.
4. Run a snippet of Real Red ribbon across the front of these matted layers, going over the top of the oval. Adhere the ends to the back of the Real Red cardstock. Add this to the card base.
5. Stamp the large and small holly leaves in Old Olive. Images 1a and 2a are stamped off once. Stamp the berries in Real Red. Images 1c and 2c are stamped off once. Stamp the stem in Soft Suede. Image 1e is stamped off once. Snip out, and adhere to the card with mini-dimensionals.
6. Add a bow!
I am very happy with how this card turned out…and I hope you will give it a try, too! Let me know in today’s comments what you think!
It has been awhile since I have posted about the kids. Our pack is much smaller these days. Kia is enjoying her new life in Seattle with our son Brady. She loves hiking, the dog park, and going everywhere in this dog friendly city. She has an adorable rubber ducky raincoat for those rainy Seattle days.
Brady’s girlfriend adores her, and is Kia’s official new mom.
I am blessed she is in such a loving home with Brady and is enjoying a fabulous fun-filled life.
Brother Jack is with Amy the Handler, getting ready for a full month of shows this November. He will be in Ft. Wayne, Indiana followed by Salibury, Maryland and finally Shakopee, Minnesota. He recently had a photo shoot, on a very hot day in October. We did not get a lot of good pictures, since we were not looking for the “panting dog” look. As you can imagine, the household is a little quieter without our baby boy.
Lexi is heading to Texas to stay with her breeder while she experiences the pleasures of being a mom. In fact, we hit the road tomorrow to take her down. She will have a blast living on a ranch outside of Dallas. She’ll be with the woman who whelped her, and everyone else in Lexi’s past three generations. How cool is that! Lexi will definitely be living the life of a pampered princess.
And then there were two –
Two amazing friends. And things will be like the old days when they ruled the house…
So many of you have asked about Brody. Seven months after his problems started, he is feeling great, as you can see. Every day we have with him is a gift! Maybe he will be the one who beats the odds!
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…