If an ice skates card is one of your holiday favorites, you may like this one! It’s Festive Friday time!
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
Oh my gosh, Wrapped in Plaid 6″ x 6″ Specialty Designer Series Paper has me over the moon with its classic plaid patterns and gold accents…just perfect for complementing gold foil ice skates.
Isn’t the new Stylish Scroll embossing folder so pretty? I debated using it, thinking it may have been “too busy” when paired with the gold filigree overlay on the skate. But, I’m glad I went ahead and used it.
Although it may look complicated, this card was easy to make, and really didn’t take long. It could be easily mass produced. Just imagine how pretty a stack of these cards would be, when created using all of the different plaid patterns in the package! Maybe I just found my holiday card for this year…
- Whisper White Thick cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″)
- Whisper White cardstock (4-1/4″ x 2-1/2″, 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″, 3″ x 3″)
- Gold Foil (4-1/4″ x 2-3/4″, 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″, 2 pieces: 3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″)
- Wrapped in Plaid Specialty Designer Series Paper (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″)
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 5-1/2″. Fold and crease to form the card base. Adhere the plaid paper to the card front.
2. Emboss the 4-1/4″ x 2-1/2″ piece of Whisper White cardstock using the Stylish Scroll embossing folder. Mat onto Gold Foil and adhere to the card base.
3. Punch out a Gold Foil Starburst using the Starburst punch. Stamp the sentiment in Shaded Spruce. Punch out using the 2″ Circle punch and adhere to the Starburst. Add to the card front using dimensionals.
4. Use the Solid Skate from the Detailed Skates Die collection to die cut two skates, one from Gold Foil and one from Whisper White cardstock. Die cut a filigree skate from Gold Foil. Cut the blades from the white skate, and adhere the filigree skate on top. Lace with Whisper White Baker’s Twine. (Use a small whole punch or thick needle to create holes for lacing.)
5. Adhere the solid gold skate to the card base with dimensionals. Adhere the filigree skate on top of the solid gold skate with dimensionals.
6. Thread two Shaded Spruce jingle bells onto Whisper White Baker’s Twine. Create a bow and add to the top of the filigree skate.
Download the tutorial! Click on the tutorial button below to print off the instructions for today’s ice skate card. For more step-by-step tutorials, don’t forget to visit my 2019 PDF Tutorial Gallery!
Don’t forget to visit The Festive Friday team members for more inspiration.
Holiday Catalog Shares
If you would like to read about the Holiday Catalog Shares I am offering, just CLICK HERE!
August Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own card? I would love to be your Demonstrator.
Clicking on a product in the Supplies at this end of this post takes you right to my store. When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program (Details HERE).
August Code: HJ7QP69X
Until August 31, new demonstrators will receive an additional $30 to put toward bonus products in their Starter Kit. THEN, they’ll receive a $10 coupon code the following month.
Here are the exciting details!
- GET BONUS PRODUCT! Get YOUR CHOICE of up to $155 in products for $99 (that’s $56 in free products, an additional $30 than normal) and the kit ships FREE for another 10% savings. You can include products from any current Stampin’ Up! catalogs.
- GET A $10 COUPON! Those who purchase the kit and join Stampin’ Up! will be emailed a $10 coupon code the following month to redeem on an order placed by Oct. 31.
- SAVE 20 -25% on personal demonstrator orders while you are active.
- To learn more and to join, check out the details HERE.
Won’t you leave me a comment to let me know what you think of today’s card? As always, if you ever have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]).