Woo hoo! Nicole and I are back with another On the CASE. Last year, Nicole and I worked our way through Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down samples step-by-step, providing you with free tutorials so you could CASE your own. This year, I am still working on unsolved Stampin’ Up! CASES, while Nicole is using her investigative skills to solve CASES throughout the crafting universe. Let the fun begin!
I am beginning my investigations by delving into the Sale-A-Bration Brochure. Enjoy this beautiful butterfly card!
Beautiful Butterfly Card
Sale-A-Bration Brochure Page 9
I selected to CASE this butterfly card from the Sale-A-Bration brochure for two reasons. First, it is a stunning card which is easy to create. And secondly, this gorgeous Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper can be yours for FREE with a $50 purchase beginning January 3rd when the Occasions Catalog goes live. I hope you enjoy today’s card as much as I enjoyed creating it!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Well Said Bundle (includes Well Written Framelits)
Paper: Basic Black cardstock ( 2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″), Highland Heather cardstock (5-1/2″ x 11″, 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″), Vellum cardstock (4-1/2″ x 3-3/4″), Whisper White cardstock (3/4″ x 1/2″); Botanical Butterfly Designer Series Paper (Highland Heather pattern: 5-1/2″ x 3″; Butterfly Pattern: Selected butterflies);
Ink: Tuxedo Black Memento
Other: Big Shot, Well Written framelits, Butterfly Duet Punch, Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL Adhesive, Fine-tip Glue Pen
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Highland Heather cardstock at 4-1/4″. Crease using a bone folder.
2. Emboss the front of the card using the Subtle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. (I actually embossed a 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ and adhered it to the card front.)
3. Adhere the Highland Heather Designer Paper to the card base.
4. Adhere the vellum to the card. Place adhesive in areas which will be covered by butterflies.
5. Using the Butterfly Duet Punch, punch out 4 butterflies from the Butterfly pattern designer paper.
6. Adhere the butterflies to the card using dimensionals.
7. Ink the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock.
8. Run the “friend” thinlit through the Big Shot with Basic Black cardstock.
9. Adhere the sentiment to the card base using dimensionals. Use the fine-tip glue pen to adhere the die cut.
10. Accent with five Highland Heather colored Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
This butterfly card is easy peasy! The stamping is simple, and the die cutting is easy. Can you imagine creating this card in different color combinations? I am going to be punching out bunches of butterflies to create birthday, thank you, and thinking of you cards. Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!
Did you miss the last On the CASE project? Check it out HERE.
Occasions Catalog Shares
There is still time to sign up for my annual Occasions Catalog shares. The first round closes January 2nd at 9:00 PM CST. Most people are taking advantage of the “I Want It All” share. It is definitely the best value! Here are the details:
I Want It All – $50 (Postage Included)
*** BEST VALUE***
. 54- Sheets of Paper
. 11-3/4 Yards of Ribbon
. 126 Assorted Embellishments
Plus as a bonus for buying it all, you will receive the following:
. Beautifully Detailed Laser Cut Specialty Paper – Either 2 card fronts OR 1- 6″ x 12″ piece
. 1-1/4 yards of Sale-A-Bration Organza Ribbon (color will be randomly selected)
. One 6″ x 12″ sample of either Sale-A-Bration Foil Paper (either Grapefruit Grove or Lovely Lipstick – color will be randomly selected)
. Two 6″ x 12″ samples of Sale-A-Bration Botanical Butterfly Designer Paper (patterns randomly selected)
If you are interested in viewing the other options, please Click Here.
Would you like to create your own butterfly card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own butterfly card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a little gift from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin.
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of a 2019 Occasions Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).