Oh, boy! Do I ever need to add some children/kid stamps to my collection. This realization came to me as I worked on today’s card. It’s Sunday, and time to play with The Paper Players!
This week, Joanne is hosting our monthly theme challenge: “Slugs, Snails & Puppy Dog Tails: Cards for Boys”. Theme challenges are always a favorite of mine. Usually I have at least a couple of choices for stamp sets that I can use. You can imagine my surprise and dismay when I found nothing suitable in my arsenal of stamps for a boy. As Brady and his friends grew older, I simply quit buying them. Sure, I probably could have used Pampered Pets. But I had already used it to make what would have been a great card for this challenge, and I didn’t want to CASE myself. Then along came April’s Paper Pumpkin to the rescue! What boy doesn’t love frosty frozen treats? I hope you enjoy today’s card. I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
In order to accommodate the ice cream bar card from Paper Pumpkin, I started with a 4-1/4″ x 6-1/4″ piece of Basic White cardstock to form the card base. This size fits perfectly in the larger Memories & More envelopes. The sentiments and die cuts are also from the April Paper Pumpkin. How easy is that? And just look at that Silver Glimmer Paper sparkle! I added stars created with the Stitches Stars die cut collection, using glimmer paper scraps from Paper Pumpkin, as well as the delicious Ice Cream Corner designer series paper.
Of course, the inside of the card needed to be decorated. The sentiment is once again from the Paper Pumpkin kit. I snipped frosty treats from the designer paper as accents, leaving a space for a signature.
I am pleased with how today’s card turned out. However, Stampin’ Up!’s new Annual Catalog has several great stamp set choices for children’s cards. You can bet one or two will be on my order May 4th! To download a free step-by-step tutorial for today’s “Oh Boy! I Need Kid Stamps” card, which includes all the paper measurements and all of the current products used, please click on the button below. (Even if you do not subscribe to Paper Pumpkin, you can replicate this card by drawing your own ice cream bar. Simply google “ice cream bar template” for several choices.) For every card which has been posted on my blog this year, there is a free tutorial.
It’s Time For Shares
I will be offering Product Shares for the new 2021 – 2022 Annual Catalog. Back once is again is the best selling “I Want It All Share”.
I Want It All Share – $95 (Includes Shipping) BEST VALUE
- Includes 168 sheets of paper (60 – 6” x 12” sheets; 108 – 6” x 6” sheets)
- Includes 26-¼ yds of ribbon and twine
- Includes 137 embellishments
- Includes these BONUS items: 1 small sample of Shaker Shapes, 1 – 6” x 6” sample of Ombre Specialty Paper (colors will vary), 1 Ombre Gift Bag, 1 Simply Classic Treat Box, 1 Scalloped Kraft Treat Box
Paper, Ribbon and Embellishment Shares are also available Click HERE for all of the details!
Email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your share today! The reservation period runs through May 3rd, 2021. Filled shares will be ordered on May 4th… and the order will be expedited. US addresses only, please.
Being A Demonstrator Has Its Perks
STARTS MAY 4, 2021 through May 31, 2021! JOIN + PROMOTION!
FOR $99 (plus tax), YOU GET: Up to $155 in products of your choice. That’s $56 in FREE product, $30 MORE than usual! Plus, the kit ships for FREE (another 10% savings).
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. The Starter Kit is a great value! For $99, choose $155 worth of products, and it ships for FREE (an additional 10% savings)!
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a 20 – 25% discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up! items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals. You’ll have access to private Facebook groups, receive newsletters, and will be able to engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at email@example.com. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Remember, through May – You get to choose up to $155 in any products you want and pay only $99 plus tax, no shipping.
If you have any questions about joining Stampin’ Up!, I am only an email away! If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale.
Retired Sets for Sale
***Will be updated on May 4th***
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $50, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program (Details HERE).
Current Code: BVCEBSRY
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will send you one free of charge!
Available May 4th, 2021: Brights 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper – 155228; Basic Borders dies – 155558
Ann, using this paper was genius and I love it especially with the striped paper at the top and bottom of the card. Perfect card for the challenge. Hope you had a wonderful week
Ann, this is fabulous! I love the black/white stripes. Such a fabulous sweet treat and I love the silver stars! My grandson would love this card! Have a Happy Mother’s Day, My Friend!
Ann, I love this card. Your perfect pops of glimmer give these beautiful colors such a fun vibe. Thank goodness for Paper Pumpkin. I was in the same predicament when I realized I didn’t have much for boys. You definitely rocked this one! Hope you enjoyed your week.
I love your take on this week’s challenge. I am a sucker for anything sweet so this card certainly would speak to me. Love the vibrant colors and that you carried your card into the inside! Well done Ann! Such a fun card!
LOL! We were in the same boat not having much choice for boy stamps and both ending up with sweet treat cards! I’m adding some boy stamps to my first order tomorrow! I love the big popsicle and so smart to use a PP kit! Have a great week!
I so did not expect to throw you a loop this week Ann but I am relieved that your Paper Pumpkin came to the rescue (I so wish we could get those here!) Your rainbow lollipop is perfect and I think this would actually appeal to young and old boys alike – I think it has a cool retro vibe that my teenager would love! Bravo on rising to my challenge this week!
Super cute! I plan to case your card (hope that’s ok) and use it for a kindergarten graduation card for my grandson. He loves ice cream as does his whole family 🥰. Happy spring!