Looking for an adorable spring friendship card? One with a watercolored squirrel? I’ll be giving you the step-by-step “how-to’s” in today’s On the CASE!
While I continue to break down samples from current Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, my On the CASE partner, Nicole, is using her investigative skills to solve CASES throughout the crafting universe. Let the fun begin!
Spring Friendship Card
Occasions Catalog Page 31
The Fable Friends stamp set is a cutie patootie one for sure! AND it is carrying over to the new catalog! Not only is it tailor-made for babies and Easter, it is a perfect set for making friendship cards like this one. This card is a fun one to color with Stampin’ Blends. If yellow is not your cheerful color of choice, just switch it out for a different color of Gingham Gala paper. I hope you enjoy today’s card.
Stamps: Fable Friends
Paper: Whisper White Thick cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″), Whisper White cardstock (5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″, 4″ x 2-5/8″), Daffodil Delight cardstock (2-3/8″ x 1/2″), Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ DesignerSeries Paper (Yellow: 4″ x 5-1/4″)
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Granny Apple Green, Stampin’ Blends: Light and Dark Balmy Blue, Light Cherry Cobbler, Light and Dark Crumb Cake, Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo, Light Granny Apple Green.
Other: Big Shot, Rectangles Stitched Framelits, Springtime Impressions Thinlits, Coastal Cabana/Granny Apple Green 3/8″ Reversible Ribbon, Multipurpose Liquid Adhesive, SNAIL, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 4-1/4″. Fold and crease using a bone folder to form the card base.
2. Adhere the Gingham Gala designer paper to the card base.
3. Use the Springtime Impressions thinlits to die cut an overlay from Whisper White cardstock. Adhere to the card base.
4. Die cut a Whisper White 3-15/16″ x 2-5/8″ Stitched Rectangle. Ink the Squirrel image from Fable Friends in Tuxedo Black Memento and stamp onto the rectangle as shown. Stamp the grass in Granny Apple Green. Color the squirrel with Stampin’ Blends as follows: Clothing – Light and Dark Balmy Blue; Trim on Jacket – Light Cherry Cobbler; Squirrel – Light and Dark Crumb Cake; Flower -Light and Dark Flirty Flamingo; Leaf and Stem – Light Granny Apple Green. Adhere to the card base using dimensionals.
6. Ink the sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento and stamp onto Daffodil Delight cardstock. Adhere to the card using dimensionals. Enjoy!
Today’s spring friendship card was so fun and easy to make. I’m sure you’ll want to make your own. The exact details for making it can be found in the step-by-step tutorial I created. Just click on the button below to receive a tutorial which you can save, or print off. Looking for more FREE tutorials? Visit the 2019 PDF Tutorial Gallery.
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!
April Host Code Information
Ready to create your own spring friendship card? I would love to be your Demonstrator.
Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
April Code: NVMXYQGS
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin.
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]).