One of the things I LOVE about the holiday season is the baking and the candy making. My husband, Kim, and I always whip up a batch of my famous Momma’s Candy, as well as several batches of cookies. While we certainly eat our fill and gain those extra holiday pounds, we also gift the neighbors with our homemade goodies. What could be a sweeter presentation than this cute “Taste of Christmas” card to attach to the plate! It’s time to play at Festive Friday – Home of the Inspo List!
For this week’s challenge, we are inspired by Apple Day. Remember, at Festive Friday you do not need to actually celebrate the occasion. Your goal is to simply use three or more items from the inspiration list on your project. I used red, green, baking, and gingham on my card this week. I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach’s Design Tips
Can you believe there is NO stamping on this card? That’s right. The sentiment, the die cut cooling rack and all of the stickers are from the Gingerbread & Peppermint Memories & More card pack! Talk about FUN and EASY! I used the paper from the retired Peaceful Prints collection, because it was still on my desk from the last card I made. If you didn’t happen to earn this paper for free during Sale-A-Bration, don’t despair! There are tons of awesome prints which will look just as cute. You wouldn’t even need to use the pine die cuts that accent the sentiment. It’s still an adorable card without them. I happened to have some in my Box of Misfit Card Parts, and they worked just fine on this card. (The Box of Misfit Card parts is the place where I toss all of those things that I prepare for a card that I think initially will look fabulous…but three hours later, I still can’t get them to look quite right. I have a lot of things in that box!)
To download the free step-by-step tutorial for today’s Taste of Christmas card, which includes all the paper measurements and all of the current products used, please click on the button below. For every card which has been posted on my blog this year, there is a free tutorial.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team:
Christmas Whimsy Kit Available Now
Christmas Whimsy is an adorably festive card kit with a modern design! Santa’s elves might be hard at work in the North Pole but with this all-inclusive kit, the hard work is done for you! All pieces are printed, die cut, and ready for you to craft. The simple steps of this kit are perfect for beginning crafters and kids, too! Grab a kit or two and gather around for a simple Christmas activity that everyone will enjoy. The kit contains everything you need to create eight elf centered Christmas cards including printed card bases, die cuts, embellishments, an exclusive stamp set, a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Spot, and more!
Item Number 158166 $19.00
- Kit contains enough supplies to create eight cards—4 each of 2 designs.
- Includes printed card bases, printed die cuts, adhesive, embellishments, gold foil die cuts, gold twine, and coordinating envelopes with gold foil accents.
- Includes an exclusive stamp set and a Night of Navy Classic Stampin’ Spot.
- Finished card size: 5-1/2″ x 4-1/4″ (14 x 10.8 cm)
- Coordinating colors: Balmy Blue, Basic Gray, Crumb Cake, Evening Evergreen, Gray Granite, Misty Moonlight, Poppy Parade, Real Red, So Saffron, Soft Succulent, Soft Suede
IF You Have a Big Wish List – Please Read about Our Starter Kit Special – I Would LOVE to have you join my team!
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator. The Starter Kit is a great value! For $99, choose $125 worth of products, and it ships for FREE (an additional 10% savings)!
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a 20 – 25% discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up!® items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals. You’ll have access to private Facebook groups, receive newsletters, and will be able to engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $50, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
Current Code: Y6FEWZYW
NEED A COPY OF THE CATALOG? If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator, please email me at: email@example.com and I will drop one into the mail to you free of charge, pronto!
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale.
Retired Sets for Sale
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will send you one free of charge!
Fabulous card! You have sold me on the Memories & More card pack. I chuckled reading about The Box of Misfit Card Parts. I have one of those but it doesn’t have such a great name as yours!
I was sharing my M&M cards with a friend but I told her hands off the baking rack pieces as well as the spatulas and mit stickers! We had fun though. This is a great card! Love all the details.
Wonderful baking scene. Perfect for those who love to make 9,000 batches of cookies for Christmas! Just adorable, Ann. I especially love the detail of the twine on the spatula!
I can’t believe there is no stamping on this card…spectacular! You have such an eye for design. Now I have to get that kit. I have the bundle but I completely missed the card pack kit. You always inspire me!
OH MY GOSH! This is just the CUTEST CARD! There is just SO MUCH to LOVE about your card! Ann-A-Mazing card for sure! 😉
Your awesome card totally gets me in the mood for holiday baking! Momma’s candy sounds awesome too!
Ann, I love the card that you made . So perfect for Christmas!
I love that we were similarly inspired this week Ann – those M&M cards have so many fab bits and pieces don’t they?! I love the addition of the foliage too. Perfect to accompany a batch of homemade Christmas cookies!
Your card makes me anxious to make all of the cookies I do for Christmas. My favorite ones are the no-bake kind because they are so quick and easy! Your card looks delicious.
Beautiful and yammy card!!! Ann, would it be possible to have the Momma’s Candy recipie?? I do lots of baKing around Christmas time and I think I am the one who enjoys it the best. Again, such a great card!!
Thank you, Marina! If you click on the words Momma’s Candy in the post above, it will take you to a post with the recipe! Enjoy!
Your card calls up sweet memories of Holidays past. Love your card!
Ann, what a wonderful collection of goodies on your card and I love that there is no stamping! When I read that sentiment I swear I could taste peppermint bark – my favorite taste of Christmas! Oh… and yeah.. I have lots of things that I thought I would use on a card and didn’t too!
That is just adorable.
Such a great card for a baker.
Enjoy your day and have a Fantastic weekend.