Do you need a special holiday thank you card? Every year, one of my neighbors gifts my husband and I with a fabulous array of holiday goodies! There’s sausage and cheese and cookies and fruit and the best home-made candied pecans! My mouth just waters thinking about it. Since Kim and I spend the holidays alone, it adds a special touch to our modest Christmas meal. This year, I designed this holiday thank you card to show her our gratitude. It’s Friday, and time to play at Festive Friday – Home of the Inspo List!
For this week’s challenge, we are inspired by World Kindness Day. Remember, at Festive Friday you do not need to actually celebrate the occasion. Your goal is to simply use three or more items from the inspiration list on your project. I used flowers, pearls, embossing, thank you sentiment, pastel colors, and shimmer on my card this week. I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
Don’t you love a card that packs a “Wow”, but is oh-so-easy to create? Today’s card is that type of card. Of course, easy doesn’t necessarily mean quick. There is layering – scalloped die cuts are layered – but layering isn’t difficult. There is die cutting, but die cutting isn’t hard. Yep, the Stampin’ Cut & Emboss machine certainly got a work out with today’s card!
The three sizes of poinsettia blossoms were inked with Versamark and stamped onto Fresh Freesia Shimmer Paper. They were then heat embossed with White Stampin’ Emboss powder, and die cut out using the Poinsettia dies. Leaves were inked with Versamark, stamped onto Soft Succulent Shimmer Paper and heat embossed. Berry stems were die cut from Silver foil. A little texture was imparted to the card courtesy of the Star Crossed embossing folder. A close-up taken with the card held at an angle, shows just how amazing the shimmer is on this card!
To download the free step-by-step tutorial for today’s Holiday Thank You Card, which includes all the paper measurements and all of the current products used, please click on the button below. For every card which has been posted on my blog this year, there is a free tutorial.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.
Muffy looked so pretty chilling out on her bed, I just had to snap this picture of her. Those of you who visit my personal Facebook page (Ann Wilcox Schach) will have seen this picture a few days ago. It’s such a pretty picture of her, and it is how I want to remember her – proud and regal, with the wisdom of her years mirrored in her eyes. She is not in pain, but the level of her paralysis has increased, and her mobility is declining. However, she greets each day with a sparkle in her eyes, and eats each meal with relish! She sends her love to all.
IF You Have a Big Wish List – Please Read about Our Starter Kit Special – I Would LOVE to have you join my team!
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator. The Starter Kit is a great value! For $99, choose $125 worth of products, and it ships for FREE (an additional 10% savings)!
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a 20 – 25% discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up!® items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals. You’ll have access to private Facebook groups, receive newsletters, and will be able to engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $50, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
Current Code: Y6FEWZYW
NEED A COPY OF THE CATALOG? If you do not currently have a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator, please email me at: email@example.com and I will drop one into the mail to you free of charge, pronto!
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale.
Retired Sets for Sale
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will send you one free of charge!
Ann, what a gorgeous photo of Muffy. And she knows how to pose, too:-). I am in love with this Freesia color and pairing it with the deep green makes it pop even more. Your poinsettia with the little pearls is gorgeous. This has to be one of my favorite all time SU sets and you showcased it beautifully
Love that heat-embossed shimmery poinsettia Ann – paired with the embossed panel it makes for a stunning thank you card! They say one act of kindness deserves another – I am sure your neighbours will appreciate the time and effort you’ve put in to this beautiful card.
What a wonderful idea to use purple for those gorgeous poinsettias! Such a beautiful creation.
Beautiful card. Time spent making a card for a special friend is memory time, happy, sometimes mixed with sad, but treasured memories all the same. Hugs to you and Muffy.
Gorgeous as always!
That card is stunning! It’s truly a work of art!
LOVE LOVE LOVE the card Ann!
Ann, what can be better than purple shimmer embossed poinsettias?! Such a gorgeous card! It is a great picture of Muffy! 🙂
Ann, What a beautiful card. I love the non traditional colours
Love your card and the colours! Beautiful!
This is gorgeous! I love the vellum poinsettia and that embossed background is wonderful…I only wish SU had made each one of those patterns into a FULL embossing folder!!! Altogether a wonderful way to say thanks to your special friends!