Are you a person who typically sends a Happy Thanksgiving card? To be honest, I usually do not. But this year is definitely different. Since I will not be gathering together with my sister, nieces, nephews and their families, I WILL be sending out Happy Thanksgiving cards to let them know that even though we are not physically together, they are always in my heart! It’s Sunday, and time to play with The Paper Players!
This week, our Queen of Die Cuts, Laurie, is hosting our monthly theme challenge – Turkey Time! How fun is that! Since I didn’t have a turkey image, I decided to focus instead on pumpkins and fodder shocks. I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
One of my favorite fall bundles from the current mini catalog is the Autumn Goodness bundle. There was just something about the wooden wheelbarrow and fodder shocks that reminded me of my carefree childhood days. Yep, my mother would make fodder shocks every fall when I was growing up on the farm. Of course, I had to include fodder shocks on my Happy Thanksgiving card! These are colored with Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends with just a touch of Green Apple Green.
The pumpkins were colored with Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends. Although it doesn’t show up in the photo, there is a touch of frost added courtesy of Clear Wink of Stella. I love the Early Espresso picket fence. This wood grain pattern, from the Neutral 6″ x 6″ Designer Paper stack, is perfect for “fence building”! The overall result reminds me ever so much of John Whitcomb Riley’s poem, “When the Frost is on the Punkin'”:
To download a free tutorial for today’s Happy Thanksgiving card, which includes all the paper measurements and complete details for making this card, please click on the button below. For every card which has been posted on my blog this year, there is a free tutorial. To visit the 2020 FREE Tutorial PDF Gallery, CLICK HERE. To visit the 2019 FREE Tutorial PDF Gallery, CLICK HERE.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the The Paper Players Design Team:
Membership Has Its Perks
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator. The Starter Kit is a great value! For $99, choose $125 worth of products, and it ships for FREE (an additional 10% savings)!
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a 20 – 25% discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up! items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up! quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals. You’ll have access to private Facebook groups, receive newsletters, and will be able to engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Remember – You get to choose up to $125 in any products you want and pay only $99 plus tax, no shipping.
What would you choose to get for your $125? How about the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine!!!
This machine costs $120. Add a $5 or less item, such as Multipurpose Liquid Glue, Stampin’ Dimensionals or a packet of Pearls…and you are at the $125 price point to get it all for $99 + tax…and FREE shipping (another 10% value). I have this machine, and I LOVE it. It’s a gorgeous design, and with the sides folded up, it takes up less space than my Big Shot!
If you have any questions about joining Stampin’ Up!, I am only an email away! If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale.
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $50, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program (Details HERE).
Current Code: JFQR9J4W
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (email@example.com).
Ann, what a wonderful fall card. I love the pops of color on the pumpkins and what a wonderful use of the fence die. Another gorgeous, detailed filled card.
Ann, JWR was from my hometown of Greenfield, IN! I grew up visiting his home and hearing my teachers read all of his poems. He is forgotten now, but Greenfield still celebrates Riley Days and the children put flowers around his statue in front of the Courthouse!
My favorite is Little Orphan Annie!
Ann, this card is gorgeous! I love the little fence and all the little Fall scene you created. I love Thanksgiving and the whole meaning of the day. Food, family, friends and Fun!
Gorgeous Ann! Love how the colors really pop on the clean background. The fence is the perfect touch.
Oh – this is wonderful! From the embossed card front – love that folder! – to the fence bordering the harvested field – and the abundance of Fall produce – this one says THANKSGIVING!! Love it!
What a beautiful card to celebrate everything fall, Ann! Love the coloring of the “punkins”! I also admit I’d never heard of fodder shocks (city girl that I have been most of my life LOL!) but my husband, who worked on Idaho farms as a teen, certainly had. I do send Thanksgiving cards to just the closest relatives – this year will be particularly meaningful of course.
I feel like today’s post is a real education Ann! I’d never heard of a ‘fodder shock’ nor had I come across your poem. Both are perfectly in keeping with your lovely card, that evokes a definite sense of Autumn and thanksgiving for sure. Beautiful!
Such a gorgeous card. I do send out Thanksgiving cards, I get tons of comments on them because they are so unexpected.
Ann, I have never heard of a fodder shock. Thank you for the lovely story and poem. Your card is so beautiful too – what you can do with stamps is amazing. We we will be spending Thanksgiving by ourselves, but will be able to face with the family. Stay well and give thanks for all that we have.
Beautiful card to send to your family. Extra special is your childhood memory.
Love this wonderful card. Just a great example of fall.
I love that you used the Neutrals DSP for the fence. Your card is beautiful Ann. No family for me this year either. I just keep reminding myself ” this too shall pass”.
Awesome scene! I LOVE the textures…beautiful card Ann!
Beautiful Card, Ann. So reminiscent of Iowa. Love it! Thanks for sharing.
Anyone would be delighted to receive your beautiful card. I’m sorry you won’t be with all your family for Thanksgiving. It certainly will be a different one for many. Have a blessed day.
I LOVE this card….couldn’t wait to comment on it! So sorry you won’t be gathering for turkey day, but a beautiful card in the mail like this one would certainly cheer your family members up! The little scene is just delightful! Definitely a fall favorite of mine!
Thank you, Ann–I always remember this poem in the Fall. After all, JWR is the Hoosier poet! ? Your card is beautiful with the fence, the frost, and the autumn setting. And I think I need that Old World EF!