Looking for a cheerful yellow Free As a Bird Hello card, one that will certainly brighten up anyone’s day? If you are, this is the card for you! Welcome to Festive Friday, where we are celebrating World Emoji Day with a Yellow twist!
It should come as no surprise to anyone that I absolutely LOVE the Free As a Bird Suite. The paper is amazing. I love that there are patterns where you can just snip away and create a card with minimal stamping. If you are not a fan of fussy cutting, just pull out a Stitched Shape die like I did here! I hope you enjoy today’s cheerful, Free As a Bird “hello” card.
What better color is there than yellow to brighten one’s day! I drew my inspiration from the yellow birds in the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. Because I wanted to create a “sweet” card, I opted to use the precious Daffodil Delight gingham paper.
I added a Shimmer Detailed Laser Cut panel over a Whisper White piece of cardstock which I had embossed with the Subtle embossing folder. To tone it down slightly, I colored it in places with the Daffodil Delight watercolor pencil.
- Whisper White Thick cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″)
- Brights 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Daffodil Delight Gingham Pattern: 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″)
- Rococo Rose cardstock (3-1/2 x 4-1/2″, scrap)
- Whisper White cardstock (3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″)
- Shimmer Detailed Laser Cut Specialty Paper (Panel cut to 3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″)
- Daffodil Delight cardstock (scrap)
- Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper (section of pattern with yellow birds)
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 5-1/2″. Fold and crease to form the card base.
2. Adhere the gingham paper to the card base.
3. Emboss the Whisper White cardstock (3-3/8″ x 4-3/8″) using the Subtles embossing folder. Color lightly using a Daffodil Daffodil watercolor pencil. Adhere to the Rococo Rose cardstock. Adhere the Shimmer Detailed panel on top. Add a snippet of Rococo Rose 1/2″ Gathered Ribbon 1/4″ from the bottom of the panel. Accent with a double bow. Add to the card base using dimensionals.
4. Using the largest Stitched Shapes Circle die, cut a circle from the Bird Ballad Designer Series Paper. (I selected a section with three yellow birds.) Adhere to the card in the position shown.
5. Ink the sentiment in Crumb Cake and stamp onto Daffodil Delight cardstock. Punch out with the Classic Label punch. Layer onto Rococo Rose cardstock. Trim the cardstock, leaving a 1/16″ border around the Daffodil Delight cardstock. Trim off the right end, and adhere to the card using dimensionals.
6. Accent the flowers and sentiment with pearls.
If you would like to save or print off the above tutorial, please click on the button below. For more inspiration, don’t forget to visit the 2019 PDF Tutorial Gallery.
June Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own quick summer card? I would love to be your Demonstrator.
Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
June Code: DWPFNMZV
Won’t you leave me a comment to let me know what you think of today’s card? And don’t forget to visit The Festive Friday team members for more inspiration. As always, if you ever have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…
Festive Friday Design Team
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]).