Who doesn’t love an adorable bunny card at Easter? You can make your own in this week’s On the CASE with Ann & Nicole!
While I continue to break down samples from current Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, my On the CASE partner, Nicole, is using her investigative skills to solve CASES throughout the crafting universe. Let the fun begin!
Bunny Easter Card
Occasions Catalog Page 27
While absolutely adorable, I really didn’t have a need for this Easter basket. However, I did need an Easter card to send to my son, Brady. Even at the age of 30, he loves “cute”, and I knew he would love a Bunny Easter card. So I set off to create one using this basket as my inspiration.
Now this poor little card has been through the mill. Unfortunately it was the victim of a canine card attack. It seems a certain little someone has a thing about ribbons, and I guess the Calypso Coral ribbon was calling his name.
GQ is indeed guilty. So if you notice a few ripples at the bottom of the watercolored panel, it’s because I cut it off the original card, ironed it, reused it and recreated everything else. I wished I would have snapped a few pictures of GQ’s distressing technique. I’m sure there is a lesson to be learned. I hope you enjoy today’s card!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Fable Friends
Paper: Petal Pink cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″, 4″ x 5-1/4″, scrap), Coastal Cabana cardstock (2-5/8″ x 4″), Shimmery White cardstock (2-1/4″ x 3-5/8″, 1-1/2″ x 1-1/2″), Vellum cardstock (1-3/4″ x 1-3/4″)
Inks: Balmy Blue, Calypso Coral, Coastal Cabana, Crumb Cake, Granny Apple Green, Tuxedo Black Memento
Other: Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Thinlits, Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, 1-1/4″ Circle Punch, 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, Bitty Blooms Punch Pack, Aqua Painters, Calypso Coral 3/8″ Satin Ribbon, Clear Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Mini Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Petal Pink cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base. Fold and crease using a bone folder.
2. Emboss the 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Petal Pink cardstock using the Basket Weave Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Add a piece of 3/8″ Calypso Coral Satin Ribbon across the front, 1-3/4″ from the bottom edge. Secure the ends of the ribbon on the back of the panel, then adhere the embossed panel to the card base.
3. Die cut a Coastal Cabana 2-5/8″ x 4″ Stitched Rectangle.
4. Stamp the Bunny image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto Shimmery White cardstock. Watercolor using an Aqua Painter and the following inks: Bunny – Crumb Cake; Jacket – Coastal Cabana; Grass – Granny Apple Green; Inside of Ears – Petal Pink; Shading Around Bunny – Balmy Blue. Die cut using the 2-1/4″ x 3-5/8″ Rectangle Stitched framelit. Adhere to the Coastal Cabana rectangle using dimensionals, and add to the card base.
5. Using the 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, punch out a circle from Vellum cardstock.
6. Ink the sentiment in Calypso Coral. Stamp onto Shimmery White cardstock. Punch out using the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch. Adhere to the vellum circle using dimensionals. Add to the card base.
7. Punch a small blossom from Petal Pink cardstock. Adhere to the sentiment with a glue dot. Accent with a single rhinestone.
8. Add a Calypso Coral double bow.
For all the details on how to make today’s Easter bunny card, just click on the tutorial button below. You will receive your own FREE tutorial, which you can either save or print off. For more inspiration, don’t forget to visit the 2019 PDF Tutorial Gallery.
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!
April Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to create your own Bunny Easter card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own, I would love to be your Demonstrator. The supply list is located below.
Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
Won’t you leave me a comment to let me know what you think of today’s card? As always, if you ever have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin.
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]).