Woo hoo! Nicole and I are back with another On the CASE. I am working my way through Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down samples step-by-step, in order to provide you with free tutorials so you can CASE your own. Nicole is using her investigative skills to solve CASES throughout the crafting universe. Let the fun begin!
Today I am CASEing a striking butterfly thank you card from the Occasions Catalog. This card uses the Butterfly Beauty thinlit dies and a sentiment from the Beauty Abounds stamp set. Both are available in the Beauty Abounds bundle for a 10% savings.
Butterfly Thank You Card
Occasions Catalog Page 12
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Beauty Abounds Bundle (Includes Butterfly Beauty thinlits)
Paper:Whisper White Thick cardstock (4″ x 8″), Whisper White cardstock (3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″, 2″ x 7/16″), Basic Black cardstock (4″ x 3″), Watercolor Paper (4″ x 3″), Mint Macaron cardstock (3-1/2″ x 1″, 3-1/2″ x 1″)
Inks: Calypso Coral
Other: Big Shot, Butterfly Beauty thinlits, Dot to Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Aqua Painter, Gold Metallic Thread, Mini Glue Dots, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Thick Whisper White cardstock at 4″. Fold and crease with a bone folder.
2. Run the 3-3/4″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Whisper White cardstock through the Big Shot with the Dot to Dot Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Remove the embossed piece of cardstock, place it on top of the folder, and run it back through the Big Shot. This will soften the imprint. Adhere the embossed square to the card base.
4. Die cut the “lacy wing” butterfly from watercolor paper. Snip out the largest butterfly. Watercolor using an Aqua Painter and Calypso Coral ink. Let dry.
5. Die cut the Overlay Butterfly from Basic Black cardstock. Snip out the largest butterfly. Adhere over the top of the watercolored butterfly. Tip: Snipping off the head of the watercolored butterfly will eliminate the need to line up the antennae.
6. Die cut two flourishes from Mint Macaron cardstock. Adhere to the back of the butterfly as shown.
7. Adhere the butterfly and flourishes to the card base using dimensionals.
8. Ink the sentiment with Calypso Coral and stamp onto the 2″ x 7/16″ piece of Whisper White cardstock. Snip a “V” in each end. Adhere to the butterfly with dimensionals.
If you would like to print off or save a step-by-step tutorial for today’s butterfly thank you card, just click on the button below.
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!Would you like to create your own butterfly thank you card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own butterfly thank you card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a little gift from me IF you use the Host Code, plus you will be eligible for Sale-A-Bration rewards. Click HERE to see your SAB choices. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host and Sale-A-Bration Rewards.
Current Code: AQW3JUPA
Time is running out to sign up for Create with Ann & Wendy. Read all about it HERE!
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin.
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]).