Nicole and I are back On the CASE working through current Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, and providing you with free tutorials so you can CASE your own. This week I am featuring a Signs of Santa Christmas card from the Holiday Catalog. Enjoy!
Signs of Santa Christmas Card
Holiday Catalog Page 19
I love the child-like quality of the Signs of Santa set and the coordinating Santa’s Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper. It’s my goal to CASE each of the cards. For today, I started with the Santa Christmas card, the one in which he is in his sleigh (upper left). I hope you enjoy today’s case.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Signs of Santa
Paper: Poppy Parade Cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″), Pool Party (3″ x 3″), Vellum Cardstock (3-1/2″ x 3-1/2″), Whisper White (2″ x 2″), Santa’s Workshop Specialty Designer Series Paper (4″ x 5-1/4″)
Ink: Garden Green
Other: Big Shot, Layering Circles Framelits, 1-1/2″ Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Garden Green and White Baker’s Twine, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Poppy Parade cardstock at 5-1/2″ and crease using a bone folder.
2. Adhere the designer paper to the card base. Isn’t this pattern just the cutest ever?
3. Die cut a 3″ Scalloped Circle from vellum and adhere to the card base, offsetting slightly to the right.
4. Die cut a 2-3/4″ circle from Pool Party cardstock, and adhere atop the vellum scallop with dimensionals.
5. Fussy cut the Santa in Sleigh from the designer paper. Adhere to the Pool Party circle. Tip: You may find it easier to use an Exacto knife to remove the area inside the runners.
6. Ink the sentiment in Garden Green and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock. Punch out using the 1-1/2″ circle punch.
7. Loop a Baker’s Twine bow behind the sentiment and adhere to the card base.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Today’s card is easy-peasy, but if fussy cutting frightens you, this may not be the card for you. However, a person would not have to cut the white out of the runners…it would still be an adorable card even if you didn’t. Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5, for fussy cutting
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! I know what she has CASED this week. I LOVE it, and I know you will, too!
Did you miss the last On the CASE project? Check it out HERE.
Ready to get on this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s Signs of Santa Christmas card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
Online Extravaganza Starts Soon
I will be posting details on Thanksgiving Day!
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale. Now through November 30th save 10% off any retired item!!!
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog, OR if you would like a copy of the new Occasions Catalog when it becomes available, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]) and I will make certain you get one!
- The “Shop with Schach” Customer Rewards Program is my way of giving a little something back to my returning customers. For your loyalty, you can earn a $35 Shopping Spree from any current Stampin’ Up! catalog! Place an on-line order OR email your order to me. I will keep track of how much you spend on product. Each $1 in product = 1 point. Product totals exclude shipping and sales tax. I will review your points at the end of each month. When you reach 500 Points, I will email you to tell you that you have earned a shopping spree.