Nicole and I are back On the CASE working through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, and providing you with free tutorials so you can CASE your own. This week I am featuring an I’ll Be Home holiday card from the Holiday Catalog. Enjoy!
I’ll Be Home Christmas Card
Holiday Catalog Page 31
Today’s CASE is of a card that exudes warmth while conjuring up visions of a home all decked out for the holidays…a home just waiting to welcome home gone-away families back into its loving arms. I hope you enjoy today’s card.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: I’ll Be Home
Paper: Very Vanilla Thick cardstock (6-1/4″ x 8-1/2″ scored at 4-1/4″), Shimmery White (3-15/16″ x 3-7/16″), Galvanized Metal cardstock (3-1/8″ x 1″), Vellum cardstock (2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″), Farmhouse Designer Series Paper (Cherry Cobber squares pattern – 6-1/4″ x 4-1/4″; Mossy Meadow snowflakes pattern – 4-7/16″ x 3″)
Ink: Crumb Cake, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Real Red, Pool Party, Old Olive, Tuxedo Black Memento, Versamark
Other: Heat Tool, Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Starburst Punch, Blender Pens, Festive Farmhouse Elements, Silver Metallic Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL, Fine Tip Glue Pen
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Very Vanilla cardstock at 4-1/4″ to form the card base. Crease with a bone folder.
2. Adhere the Cherry Cobbler designer paper to the card base.
3. Adhere the Mossy Meadow designer paper to the card base, offsetting it to the left. Use a glue dot to adhere a coil of silver metallic thread to the right hand side.
4. Stamp the house in Tuxedo Black onto Shimmery White cardstock. Watercolor it using Blender Pens and inks as follows: Roof, chimney, window frames, doors – Crumb Cake; Wreaths, greenery – Old Olive; Trees – Lemon Lime Twist, Old Olive; Garland, bows – Real Red; Porch siding, shading around the house – Pool Party. Adhere to the card base with dimensionals.
5. Punch a vellum circle using the Starburst punch. Adhere to the card base.
6. Ink the sentiment in Versamark and heat emboss with Black Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Adhere to te card base with dimensionals.
7. Accent with three Farmhouse Element stars.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Some people find watercoloring intimidating, but faux watercoloring with Blender Pens is fun and easy. Always remember that it is easier to add color than to take it away! AND remember, watercoloring doesn’t have to be perfect! Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5, for watercoloring and heat embossing.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! I know what she has CASED this week, and I am sure you will be giving her a big thank you once you see it!
Did you miss the last On the CASE project? Check it out HERE.
Ready to get on this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s I’ll Be Home Christmas card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]) and I will drop one in the mail to you!