It’s Sunday, and time to play with The Paper Players! This week, the lovely Laurie has a color challenge for us, and what a delicious trio of colors it is!
I thought these fun and cheerful colors would be perfect for a snowman card using Stampin’ Up!’s Spirited Snowmen set. I decided to bring the snow couple to life. What you think? Was my mission accomplished?
Would you like a step-by-step tutorial so you can create your own snowman – snow couple card? Here you go!
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
- Stamps: Spirited Snowmen (148075 W, 148072 C)
- 119793 Poppy Parade cardstock (4-1/4” x 11”)
- 105118 So Saffron cardstock (3-3/8” x 4-3/4”)
- 101910 Shimmery White cardstock (3-1/8” x 4-5/8”)
- 100730 Whisper White cardstock (scrap)
- 146957 Sparkle Glimmer Paper (scrap)
- 146967 Neutrals 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (4” x 5-1/4” Smoky Slate dots)
- 146966 Subtles 6” x 6” Designer Series Paper (3-1/4” x 7/16” So Saffron stripe)
- Ink: 132708 Tuxedo Black Memento, 147145 Lemon Lime Twist, 147107 Pool Party, 147050 Poppy Parade, 147086 Pumpkin Pie, 147113 Smoky Slate, 147109 So Saffron, 147146 Tranquil Tide
- Other: 143263 Big Shot, 146962 Snowfall Thinlits (available Nov. 1 – 30), 145645 Shimmery White Embossing Paste, 142808 Palette Knives, 102845 Blender Pens, 147806 Galvanized Clips, 146938 Poppy Parade ¼” Mini Striped Ribbon, 103579 Paper Snips, 104430 Stampin’ Dimensionals, 104332 SNAIL Permanent Adhesive, 138309 Fine-tip Glue Pen, 103683 Mini Glue Dots
1. Score the Poppy Parade cardstock at 5-1/2” to create the card base. Crease with a bone folder.
2. Adhere the Smoky Slate designer paper onto the card base, followed by the So Saffron cardstock, positioned at an angle as shown.
3. Ink the snow couple image in Tuxedo Black and stamp onto Shimmery White cardstock. Color the image using Blender Pens and the following inks: Smoky Slate – hat, arms; Poppy Parade – hat band, heart, holly berries, scarf; Pumpkin Pie – carrot nose; So Saffron – scarf, hat, apron bow; Lemon Lime Twist – holly leaves; Tranquil Tide – shading on holly leaves; Pool Party – shading on and around the snow couple.
4. Adhere the image panel to the card base with dimensionals. Create snow at the base of the couple by using Shimmery Embossing Paste.
5. Stamp the sentiment in Tuxedo Black ink onto striped So Saffron paper. Snip the end of the banner into a “V”. Use the galvanized clip to attach the sentiment to the card.
6. Stamp the holly leaves in Tuxedo Black. Color with Blender Pens and the following inks: Lemon Lime Twist – leaves; Tranquil Tide – shading on leaves; Poppy Parade – berries. Snip out. Attach to the galvanized clip with a mini glue dot. Add a snippet of ribbon to the galvanized clip.
7. Die cut three small snowflakes from Sparkle glimmer paper using Snowfall thinlits. Adhere to the card as illustrated.
Isn’t this little snowman couple cute? I’ll be anxious to hear what you think of today’s card, so don’t forget to leave a comment. And don’t forget to visit the rest of the Design Team for more colorific inspiration!
The Paper Players Design Team
Ready to make your own snowman card? If you enjoyed today’s snowman – snowcouple card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog or the Annual Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (ann@thestampinschach) and I will drop one in the mail to you!