Nicole and I are back On the CASE. Our mission: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, just for you! CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we do. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. Today’s edition features a CASE of an easy card created with the Friendly Conversation set.
Cute and Easy Card
Annual Catalog Page 117
I can’t help it. I fell in love with today’s card the moment I saw it in the catalog. I loved the colors and the color blocking technique the designer used. And isn’t this the sweetest sentiment? Yep, I’ll admit it. I bought the Friendly Conversation stamp set simply because of this one card. Surely I am not the only person who does this. I hope you enjoy today’s CASE and tutorial of this adorable and easy card.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Friendly Conversation
Paper: Gray Granite Cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, 2-1/2″ x 4″, 2-1/2″ x 4″), Whisper White Cardstock (3-1/4″ x 4-1/4″), Granny Apple Green Cardstock (scrap), Highland Heather (scrap), Lovely Lipstick (scrap)
Ink: Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Lovely Lipstick, Night of Navy
Other: Big Shot, Petals & More Thinlits, Best Route Washi Tape, Glitter Enamel Dots, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Gray Granite cardstock at 4-1/4″ to form the card base. Crease with a bone folder.
2. Die cut two leafy sprigs from Gray Granite cardstock. Adhere to the card base using multipurpose liquid glue.
3. Ink the sentiment in Night of Navy and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock.
4. Selectively ink the word “laugh”, and stamp onto Lovely Lipstick cardstock. Snip out and adhere to the sentiment with SNAIL. Repeat with the word “cry” (Granny Apple Green cardstock) and “smile” (Highland Heather cardstock).
5. Stamp the “splash” image in Lovely Lipstick and in Highland Heather in the positions shown. Stamp the heart in Granny Apple Green.
6. Adhere the sentiment panel to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals. Add Gray Granite Best Route Washi tape under each side. Embellish with Glitter Enamel Dots.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Today’s project truly is an easy card! No problems here, for sure. It just takes a little more time than one would expect. But it’s such an adorable card, it’s well worth the time. Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! I know what she has CASED…and you will be delighted! I LOVE it!
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s easy card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (ann@thestampinschach) and I will drop one in the mail to you!
Bonus Days are BACK! August 1st – 31st, 2018 Spend $50 and Earn a $5 Coupon Code to Redeem in September!
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- If you earn multiple codes from a single order, you will receive one email with multiple codes. If you earn multiple codes from multiple orders, you will receive separate emails for each code earned.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes you can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin Monthly Subscriptions.)
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
As always, if you have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…
Ann, this card could not be more gorgeous!!! Wow! Mary will be tickled.