It’s time for the Festive Friday Challenge, where every challenge is a party! For FF0014, we are celebrating National Dog Day (September 26th) with a Rhinestone twist. You can create a card to celebrate dogs, or you can create a card or project that has rhinestones, or you can combine both! Whatever way you decide to create is fine with us! We would love to have you play along!
Watercolored Dog Card
For today’s challenge I created a cute, watercolored card using Stampin’ Up!’s Bella & Friends stamp set. Although this card was designed to celebrate National Dog Day, it could very easily be used to celebrate a young child’s birthday or the birth of a baby.
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
The pups from Bella & Friends are just the cutest little guys. They were watercolored using a Blender Pen and the inks listed above.
Two are perched on clouds which were die cut using the Up & Away Thinlits. Even the sentiment, courtesy of Cake Soiree, is nestled on a cloud.
And doesn’t every celebration deserve balloons? Our third pooch is floating skyward courtesy of a Pool Party balloon.
I think this card is just perfect for celebrating the Twins’ birthday. Can you believe they turned 8 years old yesterday?
It seems like just yesterday they babies, snuggling on the couch.
Now their faces have silvered, but they still snuggle with each other.
This may be the last birthday they share. Many of you have asked how Brody is doing. Unfortunately, Brody’s health is beginning to decline. Just a month ago he was still full of vim and vigor, but the cancer is beginning to take its toll. So we will continue to live every day to its fullest until his eyes tell me he is ready to say good-by…
The Challenge Twists
As mentioned earlier, Festive Friday is a challenge with twists. If you do not wish to create a National Dog Day project, you could create a card or project featuring the color rhinestones. We offer alternatives for every challenge. Plus, if you play along with us, you will be earning Fest Points which can be redeemed for items such as tutorials (including the tutorial for today’s card), retired Stampin’ Up! products, design team cards, and even a spot as a Guest Designer! But remember: To earn Fest Points, you need an account on the challenge site. Just click on login/register on the challenge site to get started.
To see all of the inspiration our Design Team has created for you, head on over to Festive Friday Challenges!
Would you like to create your own watercolored dog card card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own watercolored dog card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a little gift from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]) and I will drop one in the mail to you!
Bonus Days are BACK! August 1st – 31st, 2018 Spend $50 and Earn a $5 Coupon Code to Redeem in September!
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- If you earn multiple codes from a single order, you will receive one email with multiple codes. If you earn multiple codes from multiple orders, you will receive separate emails for each code earned.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes you can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin Monthly Subscriptions.)
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
As always, if you have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…