Nicole and I are back On the CASE. Our mission: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, and break down gorgeous samples step-by-step, just for you! CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we will be doing. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. Sadly, this is the last CASE from both the 2017 – 2018 Annual Catalog and the Occasions Catalog. But on the upside, our next CASE will come from the new Annual Catalog. SO… let’s get stampin’!
On the CASE: Lots of Love
A Floral Tag
Stamp Set: Annual Catalog Page 87; Sample Page 181
The floral tag created with the Lots of Love stamp set is adorable! I like to surprise my friends with homemade cookies and candies, and gift tags such as this are the perfect touch. Even though I had to improvise on the sentiment, (the catalog sample uses Brushwork Alphabet, which I do not own), I had fun creating today’s CASE.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Lots of Love (Retiring May 31, 2018), Crafting Forever (sentiment)
Paper: Whisper White Cardstock (3-3/4″ x 2″, 3-1/2″ x 3″, scrap)
Ink: Pear Pizzazz, Pool Party, Powder Pink Stampin’ Write Marker, Tangerine Tango Stampin’ Write Marker, Tranquil Tide Stampin’ Pad and Stampin’ Write Marker
Other: Scalloped Tag Topper Punch, Paper Snips, Basics Pack 2 Washi Tape, Powder Pink 1/2″ Finely Woven Ribbon, Whisper White Baker’s Twine, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals (Ann’s stepped-up version: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Clear Faceted Gems)
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Punch the tag using the Scalloped Tag Topper Punch. Wrap two pieces of Tranquil Tide Washi Tape around the bottom of the tag.
2. Using the sentiment from the Crafting Forever set, selectively ink the word “friends” with a Tranquil Tide Stampin’ Write marker.
3. Stamp the flowers as follows: Large Flower – Pool Party; Leaves – Tranquil Tide; Leafy Frond – Pear Pizzazz; Small Flower – Powder Pink and Tranquil Tide (selectively ink with Stampin’ Write Markers); Buds – Tangerine Tango and Tranquil Tide (once again use markers). Fussy cut with paper snips. Adhere to the card with dimensionals.
4. Stamp a second large flower, and snip out the middle section. Adhere to the main focal point with dimensionals.
5. Add approximately 8 inches of Powder Pink Finely Woven Ribbon through the top of the tag. Tie a Whisper White Baker’s Twine bow around the pink ribbon. Enjoy!
To “step up” the tag, I added Rhinestones and a single Clear Faceted Gem. It looks awesome in person.
I can’t wait to bake up a batch of goodies and present them to a friend with this tag attached!
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Nothing tricky here! It’s a fun tag to create, and I hope you will give it a try! Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5, only because it takes time and needs to be fussy cut. And be sure to add the rhinestones and gem – you won’t regret the sparkle!
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!
Looking for information about The Stampin’ Schach Product shares? Just click HERE!
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…