- Select three coordinating ink pads. (Tip: Although more than three might sound fun, there is a tendency for the colors to “muddy”.) In this example, I used Sage Shadow, Almost Amethyst and Pale Plum.
- Take the first ink pad and run it over the surface of the transparency. (Tip: My transparency had a rough surface, which was perfect for adding texture.) Spritz with water, and press Whisper White card stock onto the surface of the transparency. Wipe off the transparency, and repeat this procedure with the remaining colors. (Tip: I like the textured effect I achieved by using the Stampin‘ Pads. I experimented with the Ink Refills, and the result was slightly different. Try both, and decide which you like the best! In addition, I did not have to worry about maintaining the integrity of my ink pads because I completely wiped off the transparency before applying the next ink.)
- The paper will be slightly wet. Use the blow dryer to speed up the drying process. If the edges of the paper curl, use an iron set on low to press the paper flat.
There…wasn’t that easy! Here is a close-up of the finished paper!
- Prepare a standard card base from Sage Shadow and score at the top.
- Mat the “watercolor” paper onto Pale Plum and adhere to the card base.
- Ink the base stamp from Soft Summer with Pale Plum and stamp onto Whisper White card stock. Ink the overlay stamp with Lavender Lace and stamp over the base stamp. (Tip: Use the Stamp-a-ma-jig for perfect Two-Step Stampin‘!) Mat onto Pale Plum, followed by Sage Shadow.
- Using the Eyelet Border Punch, punch a Pale Plum eyelet strip and a Whisper White eyelet strip. Layer as illustrated and adhere to the card base.
- Add a narrow strip of Pale Plum at the top of the Whisper White eyelet border. (Tip: I used the strip of paper that was left after using the Eyelet Border Punch. It works perfectly!
- Thread a narrow strip of Whisper White card stock through three buttons. Use Mini Glue Dots to adhere to the right hand side of the eyelet border. (I actually placed the Mini Glue Dots under each button.)
- Ink the sentiment from the Dear Friend stamp set with Sage Shadow and stamp onto Whisper White. Punch out using the Word Window Punch. (The Dear Friend set is a Level 1 Hostess set which is available only through June 30th.)
- Cut a strip of Pale Plum and punch one side with the Eyelet Border Punch and round the opposite corners with the Corner Rounder. Adhere the “Dear Friend” sentiment, and layer over Sage Shadow. Position and attach to the top of the image block.
- Position and adhere the entire image block with sentiment to the card base as shown.
- For a more polished look, finish the bottom of the image with a snippet of Pale Plum Eyelet Border.
The finished result is soft and feminine! Think of the myriad of color combinations available to you with this technique….and the nice thing is that you never have to worry if everything will coordinate!
Click here to access the Occasions Mini Catalog!
Stamp Set: Dear Friend (113413 Hostess Level 1), Soft Summer (Occasions Mini 113802)
Inks: Sage Shadow (102532), Pale Plum (102732), Almost Amethyst (101723), Lavender Lace (101305)
Card Stock: Sage Shadow (101563), Pale Plum (101889), Whisper White (100730)
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch (113692), Word Window Punch (105090), Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049)
Embellishments: Button Bouquet (112092 Retired),
Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Mini Glue Dots (103683)
Other: Transparency, Spray Bottle (for spritzing), Blow Dryer
Please feel free to leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! Until next time…