- Make a standard card base from Very Vanilla card stock. Score at the top. Layer with So Saffron. (Tip: I selected the textured version of these card stocks for their beauty. Don’t you just love how the textured So Saffron looks?)
- Ink the “Leaf” stamp from God’s Beauty with Kiwi Kiss and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Use the Corner Rounder on the two right hand side corners. Mat onto “So Saffron Floral”, then “Kiwi Kiss Geometric” papers, both from the A Walk in the Park Designer Series Paper collection.
- Coat the leaves with Crystal Effects and set aside to dry. (Tip: Crystal Effects will add a shine when dry, as well as add texture. It is so easy to use. I just apply it by using the applicator tip. However, you can use a brush if you prefer. If you have not tried Crystal Effects before, it is a very cost effective way to add depth and dimension.)
- Cut a strip of “Kiwi Kiss Geometric” paper and layer with 1/4″ Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon. Position and adhere to the card base as shown.
- Texturize a piece of Kiwi Kiss card stock using the “Swirls” plate from Stampin’ Up! Backgrounds I and the Big Shot. Using a Nestabilities scalloped circle die and the Big Shot, cut a circle from the texturized Kiwi Kiss card stock. Position and adhere to the card base. (Tip: It only takes a minute to use the Stampin’ Up! Texturz Plates, but what visual impact they give to any piece of card stock!)
- Position and adhere the image mat to the card base as illustrated.
- Ink the sentiment and the blossom from “God’s Beauty” with Really Rust and stamp onto Very Vanilla card stock. Mat the sentiment onto Really Rust card stock and round the two right hand corners, once again using the Corner Rounder Punch. Layer and adhere on top of the scalloped circle. (Tip: Rounding two of the corners mimic the scallops on the circle, while breaking up the angularity of the card.)
- Using Paper Snips, cut out the blossom and insert a mini-brad through the center. Pop it up with a Stampin’ Dimensional. (Tip: Stampin’ Up!s Paper Snips are perfect for making intricate cuts!)
Today’s card was designed with Card Positioning Systems Sketch 118 in mind. Sketches can serve as a catalyst to get the creative juices flowing. In addition, resources such as magazine ads can serve as inspirations for both layouts and colors!
Tip of the Day: So Saffron and Kiwi Kiss coordinate perfectly. However, Really Rust adds the perfect amount of contrast. Don’t be afraid to experiment when it comes to color combinations! An unexpected color can often make the difference between a card that “pops” and a card that “flops”!
Ink: Really Rust (102549), Kiwi Kiss (111835)
Designer Series Paper: Walk in the Park (Occasions Mini 115123)
Card Stock: Textured Very Vanilla (108693 Assorted Neutrals), Textured So Saffron (108696 Rich Regals Assortment), Kiwi Kiss (111353), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Big Shot (113439), Stampin’ Up! Backgrounds I Texturz Plates (114512)
Embellishments: ¼” Very Vanilla Grosgrain Ribbon (109026), Crystal Effects (101055), Brad (Unknown)