For this week’s Mojo Monday sketch, Bella Bleu Series Designer Paper was just crying out to be used. I love mixing the patterns from the same series, since the colors unify the design. And, with the latest Stampin’ Up! promotion in celebration of National Scrapbooking Week, you can buy three Designer Series Papers or 12″ x 12″ Textured Card Stocks, and get 1 free! Click to read more about this exciting special. I am such a push-over for Designer Series Papers…I will certainly be stocking up! Although this card looks like it took hours to make, you will be surprised at how easily it comes together. The trick is in the paper!
- Make a standard size card base out of Kraft card stock. It’s neutral color blends well with Bella Bleu.
- Select three coordinating papers from the Bella Bleu Designer Series Papers. A vertical strip will run down the left hand side, while two horizontal blocks (large and small), are located on the right hand side. Using the picture as a guide, adhere to your card base.
- Use the Scallop Edge Punch to form a scalloped strip of Night of Navy Textured Card Stock to add contrast.
- More textured card stock is used to form a Bordering Blue rectangle.
- The Rose Image from the Dear Friend Hostess Level I set was inked with Almost Navy, and stamped onto Very Vanilla, which was then matted onto Night of Navy. Stampin’ Dimensionals were used to “pop” this image mat off of the card.
- The “Dear Friend” sentiment from the same set was stamped on Very Vanilla, then punched out using the Word Window Punch. Two silver brads were used to attach it to the card.
- A snippet of Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon was used to add just a hint of contrast.
- As a final touch, three Filigree Brads add pizzazz!
It’s amazing how easily cards come together with the right paper. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to stock up on your favorites!
Click here to access the Occasions Mini Catalog!
Stamp Set: Dear Friend (Hostess Level I 113413)
Inks: Not Quite Navy (103008)
Designer Series Paper: Bella Bleu (113974)
Card Stock: Rich Regals 12” x 12” Textured Card Stock (108696), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Scallop Border Punch (112091), Word Window Punch (105090)
Embellishments: Filigree Brads (112577), Pretty in Pink Taffeta Ribbon (109067)
Adhesives: SNAIL Adhesive (104332), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)