I find sympathy cards to be one of the most difficult cards to create. When a heartfelt sympathy sentiment is needed, I find it easier to use a card which was made earlier and tucked away without having to come up with the perfect words on the spot. Even just a few heartfelt words can make all the difference in the world to someone who is grieving. It’s Sunday, and time to play with The Paper Players.
This week, the wonderful Jaydee has such a lovely versatile sketch for us. I thought it was a perfect backdrop for these birds from the Seaside Bay stamp set. While I chose to make a sympathy card, I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
When designing sympathy cards, I look for images that are symbolic. Birds are an excellent example. Birds can symbolize hope and freedom, and their beauty can help to celebrate the beauty of the life that was lost. Selectively inked in Night of Navy and Crumb Cake, these sweet birds are walking along a sandy beach which was created using the By the Bay designer series paper. As I have said many times before, I LOVE it when the paper does the work. And remember, make the sentiments work for you, too! I didn’t like the layout of this sentiment for this particular card, so I stamped it twice, masking off the words so I could cut them apart. Granted, this card did take a little more time to create, but the time and effort are worth it when creating something that gives comfort to one who is grieving.
To download the free step-by-step tutorial for today’s “Heartfelt Sympathy Card”, which includes all the paper measurements and all of the current products used, please click on the button below. For every card which has been posted on my blog since 2019, there is a free tutorial.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of The Paper Players design team:
Hey, everyone! It’s me, Nueve! I have a new friend! Her name is Valerie, and she is from Al and Berta’s place in Cannyda. She drove 23 hours just to visit me. Well, she also visited my Mom and Dad. They met her when Uncle Q went to dog shows in Cannyda. She is my newest best friend. I gave her kisses. Isn’t she bee-you-tea-full? She brought me presents. Well, I had to share them with Sixxy, but mostly they were for me.
I was sad when Valerie left. I might never see her again. I was so sad that I hid my head under a chair. Mom said I looked piddyfull.
Sixxy tried to make me feel better by snuggling with me. But I was still sad.
However, Mom told me we might go visit Valerie in Cannyda someday. That made me happy. Plus, Mom bought me a new toy. That helped me feel better, too. It’s a pony with a pokie thing in the middle of its head.
Mom said it was a special kind of ‘Corn, but I’m not so sure about that. It doesn’t look like any of the corn I saw at the Corn Palace last fall, and it certainly doesn’t look like the popcorn Mom gives me when we have our special treats. But if Mom says it’s a ‘Corn, it must be a ‘Corn. It makes her happy that I LOVE it and that I am happy again. Making my Mom and new friends like Valerie happy are all part of my job. I am a working dog! I am Good Boy Nueve!
Watch for new Online Exclusives coming on March 1st!
Hurry! Sale-A-Bration Ends February 28th!
There is still time to take advantage of all Sale-A-Bration has to offer. Just check out the perks below!
The following products are Free with a $50 purchase (before tax and shipping).
The following products are FREE with a $100 purchase (before tax and shipping).
Have A Big Wish List? Join Stampin’ Up! During Sale-A-Bration!
Join Stampin’ Up! during Sale-A-Bration and choose from three exclusive Starter Kit options!
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator.
If you decide to sign up as a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator during Sale-A-Bration, you can choose from three incredible options:
- Option 1: The exclusive Boho Blue Mini Machine ($63 value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 2: The original white Mini Machine ($63 value) + your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $129.
- Option 3: Your choice of $175* of Stampin’ Up! products for only $99.
Here are just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE!Once you join, you’ll enjoy a discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up!® items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals and engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at email@example.com. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
Current Code: RWH92RP9
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will send you one free of charge!
Ann, this sure is gorgeous! I love this suite but have kind of struggled to use it. As always, you totally inspired me with this beauty. Love, love, love it!
Ann, I love the soft and serene feel of your card. Great idea to make sympathy cards and have them on hand. They really are difficult to make on the spot. This is such a peaceful card. Thank you for rocking my challenge this week
Hello, Ann. This is such a thoughtful and beautiful card! I enjoyed your comments about selecting appropriate images for sympathy cards – the hardest cards to make, in my estimation. And, oh those dogs!
I agree sympathy cards are always so difficult to make on demand, so good to have ready in advance. I love the soft and peaceful feel of this one, and nice that it isn’t floral too. loving Nueve’s new corn too!
This is such a beautiful sympathy card. It is so calming and serene. Love the background and the feeling of the sea. Just wonderful, My Friend! So sad Nueve was sad.
What a lovely way to use that sketch! Your beachy scene is very calming and will certainly bring peace to someone! And that Nueve….he and his ‘corn are just the cutest!
A wonderful sympathy card. Good idea using birds, I think. Thanks for sharing Nueve. Love seeing him and his take on things.
Stunning sympathy card. I love the vibe it has… soft and sweet! Thanks for sharing!
If I received this sympathy card, I would keep it forever. So soothing and comforting.
Nueve, I hope you get to visit your new bestie in Cannyda soon! Al and Berta’s place is beautiful, with lots of open space for you to run and explore.
Beautiful card!! Poor Nueve looked so down. Glad to see him happy again with his ‘corn! I love “corns too.
Haha! Nueve had some corny lines in there, lol!! What a cutie!
Beautiful sympathy card- very peaceful.
Spring is coming soon, hurray!
Beautiful, calm, relaxing – I can almost smell the sea. Love to Nueve and his new corn.