Trembling and rustling with the slightest breeze, aspen leaves have long been one of my favorites. The aspen leaves around my house turn yellow in the fall. However, I must say I am rather fond of the distressed gold ones I created for today’s aspen leaves birthday card. It’s time to play at Festive Friday – Home of the Inspo List!
For this week’s challenge, we are inspired by National Cake Day. Remember, at Festive Friday, you do not need to actually celebrate or make a card for the occasion featured. Your goal is to simply use three or more items from the inspiration list on your project. I used birthday sentiment, patterned paper, and pearlescent to create my card. I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
The very first time I laid eyes on the large Aspen Trees background die, I knew I had to have it. It is absolutely stunning. I created this die cut from Pearlescent Paper for a subtle sheen. It is backed with a warm and inviting Early Espresso/Crumb Cake floral pattern from the Abigail Rose collection. Distressed Gold aspen leaves form an elegant focal point, while gold festive pearls are the perfect embellishments.
To download the free step-by-step tutorial for today’s Aspen Leaves birthday card, which includes all the paper measurements and all of the current products used, please click on the button below. For every card which has been posted on my blog since 2019, there is a free tutorial.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.
Hey, everyone! It’s me, Nueve. Guess what! I am a Fit Dog! My Mom said that exercise is important for me and her. I like to chase squirrels up trees and run bunnies out of my yard for my exercise, but Mom really isn’t into running after critters. Instead she likes to walk. She said her people vet told her walking builds muscles, helps her heart, makes her remember things better, helps her lose weight, increases energy, helps with sleep, and reduces stress. That’s a lot of things! So she signed us up for the AKC FIT DOG program, including this year’s big walk called a Turkey Trot. We did all the walking we needed to do for the Turkey Trot while visiting Auntie Kia in Washington. Both Tía Kia and I got a really cool medal. Mom made me get my picture taken with it around my neck.
Mom was so proud of me that she gave me a kiss. She kisses me a lot.
Because I knew it would make her happy, I kissed her back.
Kissing my Mom is just one of my many jobs. I’m a working dog. I am Good Boy Nueve!
Starting November 1, you can order items from the Fitting Florets Collection. Add just the right touch of elegance to any occasion, including Christmas and seasonal celebrations, with the sweet Fitting Florets Collection. From color schemes to sentiments and embellishments to dies, these unique products blend together so that your cards and crafts fit whatever occasion you might need. Send birthday wishes, express your gratitude, or spread Christmas cheer—with so many options to mix and match you’ll be set no matter the celebration all year!
The following exclusive products are only available while supplies last:
- Framed & Festive Cling Stamp Set (item 160888)
- Fitting Florets Designer Series Paper (item 161814)
- Gold Adhesive-Backed Swirls (item 161822)
The following will be still be available for purchase in the Mini Catalog starting January 2023:
- Framed Florets Bundle (item 162407)
- Framed Florets Photopolymer Stamp Set (item 161815)*
- Framed Florets Dies (item 160623)
IF YOU HAVE A BIG WISH LIST
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator. The Starter Kit is a great value! For $99, choose $125 worth of products, and it ships for FREE (an additional 11% savings)!
Here are just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up!® items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals and engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
Current Code: PJJ6MRJD
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (email@example.com). I will send you one free of charge!
Wow another Wonderful Card. That Distressed Gold Paper just adds the element of Elegance. Thanks for your inpsiration
Ann, I would never have thought to use that DSP behind the birch trees – but it was a genius move. And then, you added the gold leaf! Just gorgeous… as are the photos btw 🙂
Them gold leaves are stunning with the Aspen trees in background.
Those gold leaves are just stunning Ann and make a beautiful finishing touch to the detail of the aspen trees behind. Congratulations to you and Nueve on your medal – great work!
Amazing how few small items like the gold leaves finishes off an amazing card. Lovely!
I love making cards with leaves at this time of year. Your card has a touch of elegance with the gold leaves and the bottom gold layer.
You and your furry family members really got a lot of walking with your trip. Unfortunately I know all of the benefits of walking but don’t practice the simple exercise like I should. Good for you and Nueve!
Yes Nueve, you have to love a lot your Mom . . . she looks a lot after you!
Absolutely stunning card. So very pretty! The picture where you are kissing Nueve, he looks like a kid at the age where they don’t want the Mom kiss, but he made up for it when he kissed you. BTW, walking is the best exercise for your bones. Thanks for sharing!