How about monster treat bags for your favorite trick or treaters this Halloween? With their googly eyes, these cuties are so much fun to make. Welcome to another edition of On the CASE with Ann & Nicole!
While I break down samples from current Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, my On the CASE partner Nicole is using her investigative skills to solve CASES throughout the crafting universe. Let the fun begin!
Monster Treat Bags
Holiday Catalog Pages 57
Stamp: Boo to You
Paper: Whisper White cardstock (2-1/2″ x 3″, scrap for 1″ circle), Perennial Essence So Saffron Vellum (large enough for 2-1/4″ circle to be punched out), Monster Bash Designer Series Paper (1-3/4″ x 3″ square of Spider Web pattern), 3″ x 6″ Cello Bags
Inks: Tuxedo Black Memento, Pumpkin Pie, Stampin’ Blends Combo Packs (Basic Black, Bermuda Bay, Blackberry Bliss, Granny Apple Green, Highland Heather, Mango Melody, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Soft Suede)
Other: 1″ Circle Punch, 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, Detailed Trio Punch, Basic Black 3/8″ Scalloped Edge Ribbon, Assorted Googly Eyes, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Punch a circle from So Saffron Vellum using the 2-1/4″ Circle Punch.
2. Ink the sentiment in Pumpkin Pie ink and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock. Punch out using the 1″ Circle Punch.
3. Punch a hole in the top of the designer paper using the Single Hole of the Detailed Trio Punch.
4. Ink the images in Tuxedo Black Memento ink. Color using Stampin’ Blends, as listed below each picture, and fussy cut out. Use glue dots or multipurpose glue to add googly eyes.
Light/Dark Bermuda Bay, Dark Mango Melody, Light/Dark Highland Heather, Light Granny Apple Green
Light/Dark Granny Apple Green, Light/Dark Smoky Slate, Light Basic Black, Light/Dark Blackberry Bliss
Light Soft Suede, Light/Dark Black, Light/Dark Night of Navy
5. Assemble the bags as follows: Adhere the vellum circle to the designer paper tag. Add the “monster” and sentiment using dimensionals. Fill 3″ x 6″ cellophane bags with candy of your choice. Tie the tops closed using Basic Black Scalloped Edge Trim.
Ready to make your own Halloween treat boxes? Download the tutorial. Just click on the tutorial button below to print off the instructions. For more step-by-step tutorials, don’t forget to visit my 2019 PDF Tutorial Gallery!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!
BUY 3 – GET 1 FREE DESIGNER SERIES PAPER SALE
Now through September 30th, select Designer Series Papers from the 2019 – 2020 ANNUAL Catalog are now on sale. Buy three of the papers shown below at regular price and receive one free!
September Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program (Details HERE).
September Code: XUH7X9GE
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).