Looking for a nifty note card, complete with a trio of butterflies? Look no more! I’ll be giving you the step-by-step “how-to’s” in today’s On the CASE! While I continue to break down samples from current Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, my On the CASE partner, Nicole, is using her investigative skills to solve CASES throughout the crafting universe. Let the fun begin!
Today I am CASEing a note card from the Occasions Catalog. It features the Butterfly Gala bundle. Enjoy!
Butterfly Note Card
Occasions Catalog – Front Cover
I have never denied my love for the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. I especially love enhancing the pattern by adding ink…and that is exactly what drew my eyes to this cover card. I loved how the Whisper White ink made the lacy pattern stand out. I also liked the versatility of this card. It would be suitable for so many different occasions simply by switching out the sentiment. I know I will be creating several of these in different colors, with birthday and thank you sentiments, for future use.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Butterfly Gala Bundle (Includes Butterfly Duet Punch)
Paper: Balmy Blue cardstock (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, 5″ x 3-3/4″), Whisper White cardstock (2-5/8″ x 1/2″, 3″ x 3″), Vellum cardstock (2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″)
Inks: Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Grapefruit Grove, Night of Navy, Whisper White Craft ink
Other: Big Shot, Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Starburst Punch, Sponge Dauber, 1/8″ Whisper White Sheer Ribbon, Mini Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the larger piece of Balmy Blue card stock at 4-1/4″ to form the card base. Fold and crease using a bone folder.
2. Emboss the 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Balmy Blue with the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Using a Sponge Dauber, enhance the raised areas with Whisper White ink. Adhere to the card base with dimensionals.
3. Punch a starburst from Vellum cardstock.
4. Loop 16″ of ribbon across the front of the card, holding in place with glue dots. Adhere the starburst on top of the ribbon.
5. Ink the Butterfly image with Balmy Blue and stamp onto Whisper White cardstock. Create a second small butterfly. Punch out with the Butterfly Duet punch. Using a sponge dauber, color the larger butterfly Grapefruit Grove, and the smaller butterflies Daffodil Delight. Stamp the bodies in Night of Navy.
The exact details for making this butterfly note card can be found in the step-by-step tutorial I created. Just click on the button below to receive a tutorial which you can save, or print off. Looking for more FREE tutorials? Visit the 2019 PDF Tutorial Gallery.
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!Would you like to create your own butterfly note card card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own butterfly note card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Orders of $50 (before tax and shipping) will earn FREE Sale-A-Bration rewards. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a little gift from me IF you use the Host Code, plus you will be eligible for Sale-A-Bration rewards. Click HERE to see your SAB choices. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host and Sale-A-Bration Rewards.
March Code: UJBFXRGR
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin.
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (email@example.com).