Nicole and I are back On the CASE working through current Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, and providing you with free tutorials so you can CASE your own. This week I am featuring a Peaceful Poinsettia Christmas card from the Holiday Catalog. Enjoy!
Peaceful Poinsettia Christmas Card
Holiday Catalog Page 22 (set) Page 23 (card)
Once again, my love for Christmas songs guided me into purchasing a stamp set. I LOVE the song, “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”, by Hugh Martin and Ralph Blane. How could I not buy this set? I hope you enjoy today’s On the CASE!
Let your heart be light
From now on,
our troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas,
Make the Yule-tide gay,
From now on,
our troubles will be miles away.
Here we are as in olden days,
Happy golden days of yore.
Faithful friends who are dear to us
Gather near to us once more.
Through the years
We all will be together,
If the Fates allow.
Hang a shining star upon the highest bough,
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Peaceful Poinsettia
Paper: Crumb Cake Cardstock (4″ x 8″), Gold Foil (two pieces – 2″ x 2″), Real Red Cardstock (two pieces – 3″ x 3″), Shimmery White Cardstock (4″ x 3″), Whisper White Cardstock (scraps), Frosted Floral Specialty Designer Series Paper (2-1/2″ x 4″)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Garden Green, Real Red, Blender Pens
Other: Big Shot, Stitched Shapes Framelits, 5/8″ Striped Burlap Trim, Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL, Tear and Tape Adhesive
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Crumb Cake cardstock at 4″. Crease with a bone folder. Note: This is an adorable 4″ x 4″ card.
2. Ink the Holly Border in Crumb Cake. Stamp the top and bottom of the designer paper.
3. Using Tear and Tape Adhesive, add ribbon underneath the right side of the designer paper panel. Make sure only a small strip of the ribbon is peeking out. Adhere to the card base.
4. Die cut two poinsettias from Real Red cardstock. Die cut two holly clusters from Gold Foil. Adhere to the card base.
5. Stamp the holly leaves in StazOn. Using Blender Pens and inks, color the leaves Garden Green and the berries Real Red. Die cut. Set aside until needed.
6. Ink the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler, and stamp onto Shimmery White cardstock. Die cut out with the largest Stitched Shaped oval. Adhere to the card base with Stampin Dimensionals.
7. Adhere the holly leaves as shown.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Today’s card is straightforward, with nothing tricky. The stamping is simple, and the die cutting is easy. There is a smidge of faux watercoloring with Blender Pens and ink on the holly, but there isn’t a lot of shading to do. If anything, it just take a little time to do the die cutting. Difficulty Level: 2.5 out of 5
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! I know what she has CASED this week. I LOVE it, and I know you will, too!
Did you miss the last On the CASE project? Check it out HERE.
Ready to get on this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s Poinsettia Christmas card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of an upcoming 2019 Occasions Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me OR leave me a message in a comment, and I will drop one in the mail for you!