Are you looking for a card of encouragement? Or maybe a graduation card? This may be the card for you! Yep, Nicole and I are back On the CASE working through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, and providing you with free tutorials so you can CASE your own. This week I am featuring a card created with the Follow Your Dreams bundle. Enjoy!
Follow Your Dreams
Annual Catalog Page 54
I thought the Mint Macaron Follow Your Dreams card would be perfect for several occasions: a friend starting a new job, a friend unsure about what the future holds for them, someone graduating, someone who just needs a boost. I hope you enjoy today’s CASE of this Follow Your Dreams card.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Follow Your Dreams
Paper: Mint Macaron (5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″, 5″ x 3-3/4″); Berry Burst, Petal Pink, So Saffron (1″ x 2-1/2″); Calypso Coral (1″ x 2-1/2″, 1-5/16″ x 5/16″); Tranquil Tide (1″ x 2-1/2″, 3-1/2″ x 1-1/4″); Whisper White (2″ x 2″)
Ink: Calypso Coral, Mint Macaron, Stampin’ Write Markers®: Berry Burst, Calypso Coral, Petal Pink, So Saffron, Tranquil Tide
Other: Big Shot, Dream Catcher Thinlits, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Rhinestones, Linen Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Fine Tip Glue Pen, SNAIL
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the cardstock at 4-1/4″ and crease with a bone folder to form the card base.
2. Emboss the 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″ piece of Mint Macaron cardstock with the Subtle folder. Adhere to the card base with SNAIL adhesive.
3. Create a circle in the upper left part of the 5″ x 3-3/4″ piece of Mint Macaron cardstock using the Filigree Circle. Adhere to the card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
4. Die cut the feathers from Berry Burst, Caylpso Coral, Petal Pink, So Saffron, and Tranquil Tide; the Filigree Circle from Whisper White; and the word “Dream” from Tranquil Tide. Use a Stampin’ Write Marker® in the corresponding feather color to draw the barbs of the feather.
5. Adhere these pieces to the card base in the positions shown.
6. Selectively ink the sentiment in Calypso Coral and stamp onto Calypso Coral cardstock. Snip out the words “Follow Your”, and adhere to the card. Ink the small Feathered Circle in Mint Macaron, and stamp as shown. Repeat this two more times for a total of three circles.
If you would like to step up this card, try adding a snippet of Linen Thread on the feathers…
and some rhinestones in the center of the smaller stamped circles.
Don’t you love it?
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Although there is a lot of die cutting to do on today’s card, the technique is easy. There will be time invested, but the outcome is well worth it. Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5, simply because of all the steps involved.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! You will be delighted with what she has in store for you!
Did you miss the last On the CASE project? Check it out HERE.
Ready to get on this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s easy card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]) and I will drop one in the mail to you!