Nicole and I are back On the CASE. Our mission: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, just for you! CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we do. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. Today’s edition features a CASE of a fabulous card created with the Stitched All Around bundle.
Stitched All Around
Annual Catalog Page 17
I love this card. It is one which appeals to my love of layers and details. It has a retro color combination, and is oh, so cute! I hope you enjoy my CASE of this adorable Stitched All Around card and the accompanying step-by-step tutorial.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Stitched All Around
Paper: Basic Black (2-3/8″ x 5-1/2″), Bermuda Bay (scrap), Coastal Cabana (scraps), Flirty Flamingo (3-1/2″ x 4″), Poppy Parade (scrap), Powder Pink (8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″), Shimmery White (2-1/2″ x 2″), Tropical Escape Designer Series Paper ( 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″)
Ink: Jet Black StazOn
Other: Big Shot, Stitched Labels Framelits, Black 1/2″ Satin Ribbon, Rose Metallic Thread, Artisan Pearls, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Multipurpose Liquid Glue, SNAIL
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Powder Pink cardstock at 4-1/4″ to form the card base. Crease with a bone folder.
2. Use the Stitches framelit to create faux stitches at the top and bottom of the card front. Emboss with the “X” die in the position shown.
3. Mat the Designer Series paper onto Basic Black cardstock, leaving a 1/8th border on the right. Adhere to the card base. Add Black 1/2″ Satin Ribbon where the Powder Pink cardstock and Designer Paper meet.
4. Using the Stitched Labels framelits, die cut the following pieces from the cardstock color noted: Ornate frame – Flirty Flamingo; Circle – Coastal Cabana; Label – Bermuda Bay; Heart – 2 Poppy Parade, 1 Coastal Cabana, 1 Flirty Flamingo.
5. Tear out the middle of the ornate frame.
6. Stamp the sentiment in Black onto Shimmery White cardstock. Re-ink and stamp onto Coastal Cabana cardstock. Cut out the Coastal Cabana “fabulous” and adhere onto the white cardstock. Note: To save paper, you can selectively ink just the word if you wish.
7. Stamp the vine image in Bermuda Bay.
8. Adhere to the back of the Flirty Flamingo frame so the sentiment shows through.
9. Adhere the Bermuda Bay label to the back of the ornate frame. Adhere the frame to the card base using dimensionals. Loop Rose Metallic Thread behind the stitched circle, and then adhere to the corner of the frame. Add the hearts. Finally, embellish with Artisan Pearls as shown.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
With all the steps involved, today’s card is not for the faint hearted. However, each step is easy, and the end result is well with the time invested. Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! You will be delighted with what she has in store for you!
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s easy card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]) and I will drop one in the mail to you!
Bonus Days are BACK! August 1st – 31st, 2018 Spend $50 and Earn a $5 Coupon Code to Redeem in September!
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- If you earn multiple codes from a single order, you will receive one email with multiple codes. If you earn multiple codes from multiple orders, you will receive separate emails for each code earned.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes you can earn per order or throughout the duration of the Bonus Days earning period.
- There is no limit to the number of coupon codes participants can use on an order during redemption.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits and Paper Pumpkin Monthly Subscriptions.)
- New prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
As always, if you have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…