If you are a Boxer lover like me, and would like to create your own Boxer-licious card, here is the recipe:
- Using a Glass Mat and the Circle Scissors Plus, cut a 2-1/2″ circle from Close to Cocoa to serve as the head.
- Use the Wide Oval Punch to create the characteristic Boxer mask from Basic Black.
- The Full Heart Punch was used to create the jowls from Basic Black. (Tip: Since black jowls does not stand out on a black mask, a second heart was punched from Kraft and layered under the black heart.)
- Rose Red and the Small Oval Punch were used to create the tongue.
- In a perfect world, the eyes would have been created using 1/2″ and 3/4″ Circle Punches from Close to Cocoa and Basic Black. I used a lip stick case and eye shadow stick. Whatever works!
- The ears were punched with the Full Heart Punch, folded down the middle and cropped. The edges of the ears were then inked in Basic Black for a slight amount of contrast.
- The collar was fashioned from Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper using the Small Oval Punch.
- The head was then mounted on Crushed Curry, and a Ticket Corner Punch was used to add interest. This was then layered onto Bermuda Bay.
- Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper was matted onto Bermuda Bay and layered onto a 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ Dusty Durango card base.
- Snippets of Dusty Durango, Bermuda Bay, and Crushed Curry ribbon were adhered to the card base. The image mat was then positioned and adhered in place.
- The “Friends” sentiment from the Garden Greetings stamp set was inked with Bermuda Breeze and stamped onto Whisper White. The new Modern Label Punch was used to punch to it out.
- To add a touch of bling, Pumpkin Circle Fire Brads were added to the ends of the sentiment.
This cheerful card did help Missy feel a little better after her accident Wednesday morning. My poor baby received a very bad sprain jumping out of bed. Luckily she did not break her leg or dislocate her hip, but she certainly scared her mom and brother…who carried her to the car for the emergency trip to the vet’s. She is on the equivalent of “doggie bed rest” for the next few weeks, and is basking in all of the extra attention!
Click here to access the Occasions Mini Catalog!
Stamp Set: Garden Greetings (113716)
Ink: Bermuda Bay (115655—Available July 1st)
Designer Series Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade (115675—Available July 1st )
Card Stock: Dusty Durango (115321—Available July 1st), Bermuda Breeze (115317—Available July 1st), Crushed Curry (115319—Available July 1st), Close to Cocoa (101341), Basic Black (102851), Chocolate Chip (102128), Rose Red (102544), Kraft (102125)
Tools: Full Heart (113693), Wide Oval (112082), Small Oval (107304), Modern Label (116630—Available July 1st), ¾” Circle Punch (107217), ½” Circle Punch (104390), Glass Mat (112531), Circle Scissors Plus (112530)
Embellishments: Dusty Durango ½” Grosgrain Ribbon (115609—Available July 1st), Crushed Curry ½” Grosgrain Ribbon (115614—Available July 1st), Bermuda Bay ½” Grosgrain Ribbon (115610—Available July 1st), Pumpkin Circle Fire Brads (109110)
Please feel free to leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! Until next time…