What better way to wish someone a “Christmas Hello” than with an iconic holly leaves card in the traditional colors of the holiday season! It’s time to play at Festive Friday – Home of the Inspo List!
For this week’s challenge, we are inspired by National Letter Writing Day. Remember, at Festive Friday, you do not need to actually celebrate or make a card for the occasion featured. Your goal is to simply use three or more items from the inspiration list on your project. I used script, hello sentiment, and embossing folder to create my card. I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
One of the fun things about designing your own cards is having the ability to create just the right sentiment. For today’s card, I selectively inked two sentiments from Stampin’ Up’s Good Greetings stamp set: Merry Christmas and Hello Love. Although this hostess set is retired, it was one I kept because of the fresh, adorable script font. I wanted to make a Christmas card for this challenge, and the script font and hello sentiment ticked two items off the Inspo List. However, a person could use any sentiment that fits the space. While the Evening Evergreen Texture Chic designer paper I used is not a true holiday paper, the gold pattern coordinates delightfully with the Distressed Gold holly leaves. If you have not added the Holly Berry dies to your arsenal of stamping goodies, I would encourage you to invest in them. They have become one of my favorites.
To download the free step-by-step tutorial for today’s A Christmas Hello card, which includes all the paper measurements and all of the current products used, please click on the button below. For every card which has been posted on my blog since 2019, there is a free tutorial.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team:
Hey, everyone! It’s me, Nueve! I just got home from staying in a motel in MinnySwota. We were there because Sixxy was showing. It was so cold, my Mom had to put our coats on to go outside. The fun part, though, was that I got to ride in an “upper-downer” box for the very first time. It was SO cool. First, Mom pushed a magic button, then there was a little “ding” sound, and the door magically opened. Sixxy and I stepped into a little room. Mom pushed another magic button, and the door magically closed. When it opened again, we were in a different place. How cool is that! And, our room was right next door to a McDonalds!
I think Sixx thought burgers were going to magically fly through the air and into our room. She stared at it all night.
Because Sixxy didn’t show until 2:00, I was able to sleep late in the morning. Usually, I have to get up really early. Sixxy was a bad girl, and didn’t show very good, like me. She SAT down in the ring. Can you believe it? Mom wasn’t very happy with her.
She tried to make-up for it by looking really pretty when we stopped at the potty place on the way home. Even though Sixxy was naughty, I love her anyway. Loving my family through good times and bad, even if they ‘barrass you, is what I do. It’s part of who I am. I am a working dog. I am Good Boy Nueve!
IF YOU HAVE A BIG WISH LIST
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator. The Starter Kit is a great value! For $99, choose $125 worth of products, and it ships for FREE (an additional 11% savings)!
Here are just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up!® items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals and engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $75, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
Current Code: PJJ6MRJD
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (email@example.com). I will send you one free of charge!
Hi Ann!!! I am a little late writing this comment. The card is absolutely beautiful. I am so sorry about Sixxy . . . next time she will do better. I love Nueve’s notes. I agree with Bonnielee a book with Nueve’s notes would be wonderful!!!
Such a stunning card, Ann! I love reading Nueve’s Notes 🙂
Ann, those leaves are just gorgeous! I love the rich colors and all that gorgeous texture. The gold is the perfect pop of shimmer and shine
This is so beautiful Ann – a triumph in red, green and gold! I love the dot detail on the background DSP too – I never noticed that before. I’m so sad these dies are retiring – I’m definitely hanging on to mine.
What a beautiful card, so elegant and classy with the traditional colors and gold paper. Thanks to Nueve for giving me a smile to start the day!
Beautiful and elegant card! Nueve is the best and his stories are so good!
What a pretty card! I agree, those berry dies are wonderful. I always chuckle at Nueve’s descriptions–they’re so apt! I’m sure Sixxy will do well next time, sometimes you just have to sit down, no matter what!
Beautiful card!! So Sorry about Sixxy’s showing. I’m sure she didn’t mean to ‘barrass y’all!! She will do better next time! It’s a shame those burgers didn’t just float right over! That would be a great trick!!!
Wow Ann, another beautiful card. I love all the DSP and the texture. Thanks you for inspiring us all
Absolutely stunning! And I love the upper downer box!! You really need to get to work on a book lady, it would be wonderful. Sorry Sixxy didn’t show well, but we all have our moods : )