Yellow flowers for a birthday! This card will be winging its way to one of my friends who is celebrating their special day in May. It’s time to play at Festive Friday – Home of the Inspo List!
For this week’s challenge, we are inspired by World Bee Day. Remember, at Festive Friday you do not need to actually celebrate or make a card for the occasion featured. Your goal is to simply use three or more items from the inspiration list on your project. I used flowers, bees, yellow and black to create my card. I can’t wait to see what YOU create!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
I LOVE polka dotted paper. Thanks to Stampin’ Up!’s new Dots & Spots die, I can create polka dotted paper in any color combination I want. It was a breeze to create this Daffodil Delight and Basic Black panel for today’s card. A few flowers, from the Hues of Happiness designer series paper, were die cut out using the Blossoming Happiness dies. The sentiment, from Flowing Flowers, was die cut out using a Stitched Rectangle die, and matted on top of a die cut banner made with a Stylish Shapes die. Easy peasy!
To download the free step-by-step tutorial for today’s Yellow Flowers for A Birthday card, which includes all the paper measurements and all of the current products used, please click on the button below. For every card which has been posted on my blog since 2019, there is a free tutorial.
For more inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the Festive Friday Challenge Design team.
Notes from Nueve
Hi, everyone! Guess what I did this week. I took Mom and Dad on a walk in a park. It had lots of trees, flowers and bees. I think they had a great time smelling all the smells and seeing all of the peoples. I tried catching bees in my mouf. Mom screamed when I almost caught one. I guess you aren’t supposed to do that.
We sat beside a little lake that had turdles. I don’t know what a turdle is, but there were boys by the lake and they kept yelling, “There’s a turdle!” I got excited ’cause I wanted to see the turdles, too. But, I think their yelling scared the turdles away, ’cause when I went to look, I didn’t see anything that I thought looked like it would be called a turdle. I saw some sticks, some rocks, and water.
There was a little island in the middle of the lake. It had pretty flowers. Mom wanted to go over there and take a picture of me with the flowers. But, there weren’t any walk-over-the-water-boards. I wanted to get in the water to go over there, but Mom wouldn’t let me. She can’t swim like me. She might have dwowned, and that would have been bad.
Instead we sat by a big gun and Dad took our picture. If you look really closely, you can see the Missy Pippy Ribber. It’s a really big ribber.
After we left the park, I took Mom to the pet store to buy her a Mother’s Day Gift. I picked it all out by myself. It squeaks, and feels bumpy in my mouf. Isn’t it cute? I think she likes it a lot,even though she doesn’t put it in her mouf like she’s ‘posed to! I know I love it!
It was hard work walking my Mom and Dad at the park. They kept wanting to sit. But, I can handle the job. I’m a working dog. I am Good Boy Nueve!
The 2022–2023 Annual Catalog is LIVE!
CLICK HERE to open the 2022 – 2023 Annual Catalog
Need a paper copy of the new catalog? If you need a copy of the new catalog, and you do not currently have a relationship with another Stampin’ Up! demonstrator, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org. I will drop one in the mail to you!
Take Advantage of the In Color Starter Kit Promotion
Do you have a BIG WISH LIST? Consider becoming a Stampin’ Up!® demonstrator. The Starter Kit is a great value! For $99, choose $125 worth of products, and it ships for FREE (an additional 11% savings)!
Sign up to become a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator between May 3rd – 31st, and receive the following 2022–2024 In Color products in your Starter Kit for FREE – A $66.50 Value:
- 2022–2024 In Color Grid Paper (item 160009)
- 2022–2024 In Color Ink Pad Collection (item 161108)
- 2022–2024 In Color Cardstock Collection (item 159204)
- 2022–2024 In Color 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm) Designer Series Paper Assortments (item 159253)
Here are just a few of the perks of being a Stampin’ Up! demonstrator:
- SAVE at least 20% ON EVERYTHING YOU PURCHASE! Once you join, you’ll enjoy a discount on your favorite Stampin’ Up!® items.
- NO PRESSURE OR OBLIGATION TO SELL TO OTHERS! There’s never an obligation to host parties, sell products, or purchase anything else after the kit.
- THERE’S NO RISK! NO PENALTY TO DROP! If you reach $300 in sales by the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter after you sign-up, you automatically renew your demonstrator discounts and benefits for another quarter. To continue, you will need to reach $300+ in sales (includes personal purchases) to renew from quarter to quarter. If you don’t reach $300 in sales, you can “drop” with no penalty.
- CONTINUE the BENEFITS and DISCOUNTS! From the time you join through the end of the first full Stampin’ Up!® quarter, you will be able to take advantage of demonstrator discounts and benefits. The Quarters are January – March, April – June, July – September, October – Dec. You will have the balance of the quarter in which you join PLUS the first full quarter to reach your first $300 in sales (includes personal purchases) and renew for another quarter.
- JOIN TODAY! Purchase the starter kit through me and instantly become a member of the Schach Pack Pals and engage with a community of other stampers.
- Questions about joining? Email me at email@example.com. If you are ready to join NOW, CLICK HERE!
Current Host Code Information
Ready to order supplies to make your own cards? I would love to be your Demonstrator. Click Here to place an order in my online store.
When checking out, if you apply the Host Code to your online orders of at least $50, but under $150, you’ll get a free gift from me. If your order is over $150, please do not apply the host code – you will be receiving your own host rewards, as well as your gift from me. All orders of $50 or more earn points toward my Loyalty Rewards Program.
Current Code: S3Y3HG4T
Looking for an oldie but goodie? Check out my retired stamps which I have for sale. Many prices have been reduced. Newly retired sets will be added soon.
Retired Sets for Sale
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join Paper Pumpkin
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). I will send you one free of charge!
Ann, this is gorgeous. The polka dots remind me of a dress I once owned – and they are perfect with those fabulous florals. What a fab pic of you and Nueve!
Beautiful card!! Yes, be careful around the Ribber! It runs right past my grandparents house in Tennessee and it is a very scary place to play. Stick to the beautiful parks!!
Beautiful card! Love the Dots & Spots die. Your card sealed the deal and I need to get it. Love Nueve’s cute story especially the Missy Pippy Ribber, I won’t tell you how long it took me to figure it out!
I was on the fence about the polka dot die, but you may have sold me on it with this pretty card! What a great idea! I am really into yellow these days so it made me smile for sure. And I am SO glad you didn’t drown in the Missy Pippy Ribber!
Missy Pippy Ribber!! LOL. Nueve, you are the best cure for a gloomy mood! I love your mom’s card, as usual, and Butterscotch sends you kitty kisses.
This card is striking! I love the bright yellow with the black. When I saw the picture I thought the black dots had been stenciled until I read the article. That die will be great to use with so many papers! Love your card!
Good Boy Neuve really enjoyed the trip to the park! Looks like you all enjoyed it!
Great card. The best I have seen using that Dots and Spots die. I now get the idea of using it, the others I had seen just didn’t do anything for me. Maybe the bright yellow and the flowers as well as that bee. Ah, the fun Nueve could have had with the name of the park! But the turdles and ribber made me smile. Plus, the Mother’s Day present! Love his collar. Oh, the tails, I mean tales I could tell Nueve about that park that I have had.
I love yellow Ann so this card goes to the top of my ‘loves’ list!! Those blooms are gorgeous and look fab with the polka dot panel too. That sweet gold bee is the perfect finishing touch!
Beautiful card! Love your picture!
Hi Ann!!! Love that little bee . . . in my home country we use yellow for the New Year . . . it is supposed to bring good luck. I have a message for Nueve: You did have a beautiful day and you can be sure you are a good, working boy. Your parents are proud of you.
Absolutely beautiful card, Ann! 💛🖤
And great picture of you and Nueve! 🤗
Beautiful birthday card, Ann. Love the floral motif and polka dots are always the bomb!
Fantastic!! How I love yellow – such a happy color. The park and you look gorgeous, and of course Nueve is so funny. Missy Pippy Ribber is killing me!! Thanks for sharing and for always taking the time to help.
You and your card are beautiful! I hope to play at FF as it’s been awhile. Thank you, Nueve, for your fun story and I’m so glad your mudder took your pic by the ribber. You’re a good boy! Have a blessed weekend to all the Schachs.