Nicole and I are back On the CASE working through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, and providing you with free tutorials so you can CASE your own. This week I am featuring a sparkly holiday card created with the Beautiful Baubles bundle from the Holiday Catalog. Enjoy!
A Sparkly Holiday Card
Holiday Catalog Page 10
The Deck the Halls card was the reason I purchased the Beautiful Baubles bundle. The ornaments, cut from Joyous Noel glimmer paper, are gorgeous. I wish I could have replicated the colors as shown in the catalog, but I could not. The card base was made from Crumb Cake cardstock, a fact I confirmed with Stampin’ Up! I also know this is the pattern of Wood Textures paper which was used, because of the knot in the wood. As you can see, the colors on my card appear quite different. It must have something to do with the lighting which was used while the cards were being photographed. At any rate, this is still a stunning sparkly holiday card. Enjoy!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Stamps: Beautiful Baubles Bundle (includes Detailed Baubles Thinlits Die)
Paper: Crumb Cake cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″ scored at 5-1/2″), Copper Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper (2″ x 3″), Merry Merlot Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper ( 2-1/2″ x 4-3/8″), Tranquil Tide Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper (3″ x 3″), Very Vanilla cardstock (4-1/4″ x 5/8″), Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (3″ x 3-5/8″)
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Versamark
Other: Big Shot, Detailed Baubles Thinlits, Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Heat Tool, Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Copper Metallic Thread, Stampin’ Dimensionals, SNAIL, Fine Tip Glue Pen, Mini Glue Dots
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Crumb Cake cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base. Crease with a bone folder.
2. Ink the Snowflake image with Versamark and randomly stamp the snowflakes in the upper left and lower right corners as shown. Heat emboss with Copper Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
3. Cut a notch in one end of the Merry Merlot Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper to form a banner. Adhere to the card base.
4. Emboss the Wood Textures designer series paper using the Sparkle Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Adhere to the card base.
5. Die cut the ornaments from Copper and Tranquil Tide Joyous Noel Glimmer Papers. Add a Copper Metallic Thread bow to the top of each. ( I used four strands of the metallic thread, while Stampin’ Up! used a single strand. I didn’t think one was enough…but I might have overdone it with 4.) Adhere the ornaments on top of the Wood Texture paper.
6. Stamp the sentiment in Cherry Cobbler ink onto Very Vanilla cardstock. Snip each end into a “V”. Score at 1/2″, 3/4″, 3-1/2″, and 3-3/4″ and crease to form an elevated middle section. Adhere to the card with dimensionals.
I love the contrast of the sparkly ornaments against the wood textured paper. How about you?
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Don’t be afraid to give this card a try! It really doesn’t take long to create, and the individual steps involved are easy. Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5, simply because of the heat embossing.
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! I know what she has CASED this week, and I KNOW you will love it!
Did you miss the last On the CASE project? Check it out HERE.
Ready to get on this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s glittery holiday card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
- If you are in need of a Holiday Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]) and I will drop one in the mail to you!