Nicole and I are back On the CASE. Our mission: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, just for you! CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we do. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. Today’s edition features a CASE of the En Route masculine birthday card.
Masculine Birthday Card
Annual Catalog Page 53
Let’s be perfectly honest. The Best Route Suite was NOT one which was calling my name. There were other suites who topped my Wish List. However, one day as I was making my way from Delightfully Detailed to Tropical Chic in the catalog, I took time to really look at this suite. While it is what I would call a masculine set, the sentiments could be used for anyone. The samples are amazing…and so appropriate for graduations, promotions, and birthdays…especially when paired with the Best Route Memories & More Card Pack. So I bought it all. The paper, the enamel shapes, the textured impressions embossing folder, the washi tape, and of course, the Best Route Memories & More Card Pack. I hope you enjoy today’s CASE of a card which is perfect for a masculine birthday or a graduation.
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: En Route
Paper: Berry Bushel Cardstock (5-1/4″ x 7″), Best Route Memories & More Card Pack
Ink: Berry Bushel
Other: Best Route Enamel Shapes, 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Blueberry Bushel cardstock at 3-1/2″ to form the card base.
2. Ink the Globe image in Blueberry Bushel, and stamp both edges of the card base as shown.
3. Cut the 4″ x 6″ Gray Granite Best Route Memories & More card down to 4″ x 3-1/2″ and adhere to the card base.
4. Cut the “Street Map” circle card from the Best Route Memories & More Card Pack down to 3-15/16″ x 3-1/2″.
5. Adhere two Pineapple Punch banners from the Best Route Memories & More Card Pack on top of the white circle.
6. Using the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch, punch the sentiment from the Memories & More card, as shown. Add on top of the circle/banners using dimensionals.
Adhere to the card base.
7. Trim down the Let’s Celebrate sentiment, which is found in the Best Route Memories & More Card Pack, and adhere to the card as shown.
8. Add 4 Best Route Enamel stars above the sentiment.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Today’s card is an excellent example of how easy it is to create adorable cards using Memories & More card packs. There may be several steps, but they are easy-peasy. Difficulty Level: 2 out of 5
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! I know what she has CASED…and you will be delighted!
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…