Nicole and I are back On the CASE. Our mission: To work through current Stampin’ Up! catalogs, breaking down gorgeous samples step-by-step, just for you! CASE means to Copy and Share with Everyone, and that is exactly what we do. We hope you enjoy the cards we CASE and the free tutorials included in our posts. Today’s edition features a CASE of Botanical Bliss’s elegant friendship card.
Annual Catalog Page 20
Botanical Bliss was one of the first bundles I placed on my Annual Catalog Wish List, and one of the first ones I purchased. There were two reasons why. One reason was the “friend” sentiment which was included in the set. The gorgeous tags which could be created with the Botanical Tags Thinlets were the second reason. This elegant friendship card features both the sentiment and one of the thinlit die cuts. Enjoy!
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks … Oh, My!
Stamps: Botanical Bliss (Bundle includes Botanical Tags Thinlits Dies)
Paper: Soft Sea Foam Cardstock (Two pieces: 2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″), Whisper White Cardstock (3-1/4″ x 2-1/2″), Gold Glimmer Paper (scraps), Share What You Love Designer Series Paper (2″ x 4″), Delightfully Detailed Memories & More Card Pack (4″ x 6″), Whisper White Large Memories & More Cards & Envelopes
Ink: Mint Macaron, Tranquil Tide, VersaMark
Other: Big Shot, Botanical Tags Thinlits dies, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Heat Tool, Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Embossing Buddy, Banner Triple Punch, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Ink the flower image from Botanical Bliss with Mint Macaron, and stamp off once. Randomly stamp onto the lower left side of the 4″ x 6″ Mint Macaron Delightfully Detailed Memories & More card. Repeat several times on the lower left and upper right side of the card.
Adhere to the front of a 4″ x 6″ Whisper White Memories and More card base.
2. Use the Banner Triple Punch to create a banner from the designer paper. Adhere to the card base as shown using Stampin’ Dimensionals.
3. Use an Embossing Buddy to dust a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Ink the vine image with VersaMark, and heat emboss with Gold Stampin’ Emboss Powder. Stamp the “friend” sentiment in Tranquil Tide. Die cut out using the second largest Oval Stitched Shapes framelit.
4. Die cut two Gold Glimmer Paper vines.
5. Die cut two Soft Sea Foam flowers.
6. Adhere the flowers and vines as shown. Add the oval, popping it up on dimensionals.
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
Today’s card involves heat embossing, die cutting, and stamping off. None of these techniques are difficult…merely time consuming. Difficulty Level: 3 out of 5
Nicole and I hope our projects today inspire you to try CASEing the catalog, too! We’ll be “on the case”, looking for the hashtag #SUontheCASE on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ & Pinterest). If we find one of your projects, we’ll share it, like it, repost it – we’ll do it all!Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials! What she has CASED is fabulous…and you will be delighted!
Ready to get On this CASE? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to try your hand at creating your own CASE, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a special little somethin’-somethin’ from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…