Charming Cafe is an adorable set. With it’s coordinating Cafe Builder Framelits Dies, it’s perfect for creating a shadowbox card like this one. Sadly, it will be retiring May 31st. Don’t overlook this hidden treasure!
Colors of the Day
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
Creating a Shadowbox Card Tutorial
You will need the following cardstock:
- 100702 Whisper White (3-1/4” x 4”; 3” x 1-1/4”; 3-1/2” x 3-1/2”; 3” x 2”, scraps)
- 140272 Whisper White Thick (4-1/4” x 11” scored at 5-1/2” to form the card base)
Your step-by-step directions:
1.Use the appropriate thinlit to create a window in the front of the card base.
2. Stamp the flowers in Basic Black ink. Using Watercolor Pencils, color the flowers Calypso Coral and the leaves Old Olive. Activate the color using a Blender Pen. (Do this in subsequent steps.) Cut out with the appropriate thinlit and adhere to the card front with Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
3. On the 3-1/2” x 3-1/2” square of cardstock, stamp the window in Basic Black. (Before stamping, make certain the image will be in the correct position in the opening.) Using Watercolor Pencils, color the awning Daffodil Delight, leaving alternate slats white, and the window grids Basic Gray. Use an Aqua Painter to add a Pool Party wash around the window.
4. Stamp the table and chair image. Color the tables and chairs Basic Gray, the seats and flower Calypso Coral, the leaves Old Olive, and the cobblestones Early Espresso. Cut out with the corresponding thinlit. Adhere below the window using dimensionals.
5. Stamp two topiaries. Color as follows: Basic Gray pot, Bermuda Bay stripe, Old Olives leaves, Early Espresso trunk. Cut out with the topiary thinlit. Adhere one beside the window.
6. Using foam adhesive strips, attach the sidewalk café scene behind the opening on the card front in order to create a shadowbox effect.
7. Stamp the sentiment in Archival Basic Black. Use the banner thinlit from the Magical Mates collection to cut it out. Adhere to the card front with dimensionals. Accent with the remaining topiary.
8. Embellish the top of the card with Calypso Coral ribbon and bow, as shown.
As I was carrying this card in to photograph it the other evening, I happened to have my phone behind it when the phone lit up. It was gorgeous! I tried to recreate the look. Can’t you just imagine this card with a tea light behind it!
Would you like to create your own card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $50 (before tax and shipping) will receive a little gift from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Until next time…