Welcome to the September Pals Blog Hop! This month, we are featuring Fall and Halloween inspired projects. If you have hopped over from Melanie Collins at Oops a Daisy Designs, I’m stop number 4. I am so glad you hopped in! I’ll help you “hop along” from blog to blog where you’ll find great ideas for Fall and Halloween paper projects from the Stampin’ Pretty Pals! Should you hop off course, simply click on any of the links in the Pals Hop Line-up at the end of this post and you’ll be back on track!
My card today showcases the Scaredy Cat stamp set and Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper. Easy little details and a delightful layout a`la Friday’s Buried Treasure make this card a snap to make. Have a Happy Halloween!
The Stampin’ Schach Design Tips
- Punch it out! Three creepy spiders were punched from the Frightful Sight Designer Series Paper using the 3/4″ Circle Punch. They were then matted onto 1″ Circle mats. It’s quick and easy!
- Pop it up! The word “happy” was inked using a Cajun Craze Stampin’ Write Marker and snipped out. It was then popped up on a dimensional and positioned over the original “happy”. The wee “Ghosty” was also snipped and popped up for even more depth and dimension.
- Pearl it on! Creepy spiders become less sinister when bejeweled with Basic Pearls!
- Pair it up! “Boo” and “friends” from the Tiny Tags set are the perfect pair to add just the right finishing touch!
- I hope that you enjoyed today’s Halloween card. Of course, your comments are always important to me, so please let me know what you think of this updated version of a Buried Treasure layout. And if you have any questions about the cards that I create or the techniques that I use, I am only an email away! Now scurry along to the next stop on the Pals Blog Hop, Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner. I know you will love her fun and fresh designs! Enjoy the rest of the hop. Until next time…
The 2011 Fall Blog Hop Line-Up
- Jeanne Norris at My Creative Impressions
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Melanie Collins at Oops a Daisy Designs
- Ann Schach at The Stampin’ Schach
- Mikki Sarkisyan at Mikki’s Creative Corner
- Leah O’Brien at My Stampin’ Room
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Linda Fisher at Linda’s Stampin Loft
- Mike Funke at Stampin-Style
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin’ Space
- Joan Norris at Clearly Creative
- Barbara Chatzkel at Take Out Paper Arts
- Kylie Nicolosi at Kylie’s Crafty Corner
- Cindy Hall at Pretty Impact
- Nina Dee at Deesigns by Nina Dee
- Sandie Conner at Pretty Provisions
- Nicole Watt at Impressions By Nicole
- Rae Harper at Wild West Stampin’, Scrappin’ & Crafts
- Debbie Pierce at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Camila McManus at OBX Scrapbook
- Jason Casper at Jason’s Stampin’ Pad
Stamp Set: Scaredy Cat (W 122555, C 122557); Inks: Basic Black (101179), Basic Gray (109120); Stampin’ Write Markers: Cajun Craze (119678), Basic Gray (120966); Designer Series Paper: Frightful Sight (122351); Card Stock: Old Olive (101650), Very Vanilla (101650), Basic Black (121045); Tools: Paper Snips (103579), Sponge Dauber (102892), 3/4″ Circle Punch (119873), 1″ Circle Punch (119868), Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border Punch (119275), Color Spritzer Tool (107066), Jewelry Tag Punch (117190); Glitz and Glam: Basics Glimmer Brads (121003), Basic Pearls (119247), Linen Thread (104199)
Love, love, love it! That pearly spider is still kinda scary! Love the little tags and the popped up ghost and BOO! So cute!
Your pearl spiders – oh my goodness – so creative!!!
Wow this is a great card. As usual there are so many different elements to this card Great job!
Ann how cute! Only you could make a spider ‘charming’ with pearls.
Cute as can be….only you could make a spider elegant with pearls.
Ok, Ann! I just finished prepping my next order (literally) before I stopped by to visit your blog. This set wasn’t included…but then you went and threw in a “pearlized-spider” and there you go…official enabling is in effect! Ugh! Only YOU can make that little creeper full of sophisticated-style! Absoluteyl fabulous! 🙂
Love the spiiders inb the circle…..and of course one is wearing pearls – and looks smashing in them I might add 🙂 Great Halloween card!
Very good details, its ADORABLE!!!
Hugs, OBX Scrapbook.com
OK-the pearl spider is my fav! What a great embellishment.
Great little spideys! Very cute card!
This is seriously cute Ann! Love how you used the pearls for the spider body…you think of the most clever uses for your pearls! 🙂
Only you, Ann, can make a spider glamorous! Terrific idea and it made for a spectacular Halloween card!
I had to giggle at the pearls for the spider! Cute card and I loved the little tags! Great job as usual! The black spiders are still a bit realistic for me still.
Chris R. from Iowa
The pearls on the one spide really look like an egg case on her back. Neat trick.
“Creepy spiders become less sinister when bejeweled with Basic Pearls!”–
Love it–just had to get those pearls in there–thanks for the inspiration and the laugh! D
One word – SPOOK-TACULAR!!! Love everything about it!!!
Great details! I love the close-up shots.
That white spider is my fav! I didn’t read the details and first and thought you might have used a white Gel pen. Only you could make a spider MORE sinister by using pearls!
Fun and classy! Love your pearly spider. Hugs,
Awesome Card Ann! TFS
Frightfulious Ann, I just loved it. Halloween is special to me, because my only grandaughter was born right before Halloween and it is the day I moved into my new house. Not sure if I remember the buried treasure layout, but I love your card.
Such a BOOtiful card… I am loving that spider with the pearls… I love the dsp.. another great card..
I just killed a spider – but it didn’t have a pearl on it!
Seriously, I am a former student of Ann’s who just got to see her again after 33 years. She and Kim graciously agreed to meet me and my wife for lunch and we had a great visit. I know nothing about stamping, but my former teacher continues to amaze me with her talent outside the classroom!!!
Absolutely adorable! I love the popped up ghost. Novel idea. Pearls help take the “scare” out of creepy spiders. You have a perfect style for all occasions.
p.s. you get my birdi next as my pic because I didn’t want to post 2pics of my on my blog! they are the cutest from my farmhouse.
HA! And I said I wasn’t going to like the stamps…I LOVE what you do with them. This card is stellar. Only Ann Schach Pearl (SU) could use pearls for a UCKY spider and they look PERFECT! I love your colors, the layout, the side spiders…I have all my Halloween Drawer out and plan to get going. Hmmm in Canada we are nixed with Thanksgiving and Halloween so close. Yikes! Double Duty. Just sent 97 cards to Fromourhearts so free again to play! The summer was fruitful. So I can look at the Schach cards now and get all tickly inspired once again (you know I save almost EVERY card you make!!!!)xox Samara
Frightful, spooky and delightful all at the same time!!
Love it! The little spiders are so cute, and the bitty tags are great! Boo-teful card!
I don’t know; white spiders creep me out as much or maybe more than black and brown ones! LOL Those pearls ain’t foolin’ me!
(great Halloween card) 😉
I love it! Awesome details.
Seriously, this card is gorgeous…minus the spiders. They look too real! Can’t wait until October for Halloween…boo!
Hope you have a great week!
Love your signature pearls on the spider. The tags and popped up little ghosty are the perfect finishing touches to a great Halloween card.
Fantastic card! I really struggle with Halloween colors. I think CASE is going to be commonly used in comments for this project today!
Very cool card, Ann. Love the pearls on the spider; only you would think of that! 🙂
that is so adorable
What a great card! Now I am sorry I never purchased this set! Love the pearls on the spiders. Just wonderful. Starting the blog hop here!
AWESOME card Ann! I love the colors, the layout…everything about it. I think the pearls make the spider MORE creepy! Thanks for sharing.
I LOVE how you were able to incorporate pearls into your halloween card! 🙂
Ann-I Love your card. The ghost is adorable and the spider with the pearls is “Oh so Anne” 🙂
Love this one, Ann! Wonderful combination of stamp sets and great layout to showcase the dsp. Thanks!
Wow,Wow,Wow! I LOVE your Halloween card! I am going to CASE this one for sure! Adding Pearls to the spider was pure genius! Never would have thought of that on my own! Thanks for sharing this one!