- Prepare a standard card base from textured Very Vanilla card stock and score at the top.
- Layer with textured So Saffron.
- Cut a strip of Night of Navy textured card stock and punch the edge with the Eyelet Border Punch. Layer with So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon. Attach to the card base as shown.
- Ink the “Birds” stamp from The More the Merrier with Basic Gray and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Color using a Blender Pen and the following inks: Melon Mambo (heart), Night of Navy (wings) and So Saffron (beaks). Use a Blender Pen and Going Gray Stampin‘ Pastel to create the shadowing below the row of birds. Mat onto Kraft and adhere to the Night of Navy strip.
- As a finishing touch, ink the “so happy to have a friend like you” sentiment from The More the Merrier and stamp onto Very Vanilla. Punch with the Large Oval Punch and layer on top of a Night of Navy Scalloped Oval, using a Stampin‘ Dimensional. Offset this onto a Kraft Scalloped Oval. Attach to the card base.
The Stampin‘ Schach Ramblings: Card making is like a steeplechase, with a variety of hurdles to jump. There are margins that need to be equal and straight. Stamps need to be evenly inked. Layouts need to be balanced. And the list goes on! In the case of blogging, the camera picks up details that I never seem to notice with the naked eye. I can’t begin to tell you the number of times that I have finished a card and photographed it only to discover as I was cropping the print that something looked amiss. So back to the drawing board I would go, making changes and trying to salvage as much of the original card as possible. Did anyone notice that yesterday’s card originally started with Turquoise Square Ice Brads? After looking at it in My Gallery for several hours, I decided to make a change. It now has Pink Circle Fire Brads. Although the Turquoise was beautiful in person, in digital they clashed with the Bermuda Bay Scallop Oval. But you know what? Each one of my mistakes is a learning experience. Don’t let your mistakes get you down. Rare is the paper artist who has not made one. Even the most talented of designers have had to stamp a sentiment more than once, so I never feel badly about the two…or…three…or…Oh, alright…the six times I have had to re-ink a stamp. Instead embrace your mistakes for what they are…ways to help you grow in your card making skills!
Are you ready to earn Hostess Rewards? Consider these options: 1) Hold a catalog party…I will be happy to explain to you how you can do this! 2) Start an online Hostess Club! Contact me today, and I will share the details with you! And if you would love to receive your Stampin‘ Up! products at a discount, join me as a demonstrator today. I would love to have you join my group. With the new catalog complete with new products, plus an exciting press release that I will share with you tomorrow, could there be a better time to be a Stampin‘ Up demonstrator? Please Email Me today!
Stamp Set: The More the Merrier (115322 Level 3 Hostess)
Ink: Basic Grey (109120), Melon Mambo (115656), Night of Navy (102977)
Card Stock: So Saffron Textured and Night of Navy Textured (108696—Rich Regals 12” x 12” Textured Assorted Pack), Kraft (102125), Very Vanilla (101650)
Tools: Eyelet Border Punch (113692), Scallop Oval Punch (114889), Large Oval Punch (107305)
Embellishments: So Saffron Grosgrain Ribbon (SAB)
Other: Blender Pens (102845), Stampin’ Pastels (105542), Stampin’ Dimensionals (104430)