- Prepare a 5-1/4″ by 5-1/4″ card base from textured Whisper White card stock. Layer with a selection of Melon Mambo print from the Razzleberry Lemonade Designer Series Paper collection.
- Ink the Cupcake stamp from The More the Merrier with Basic Black and stamp onto Watercolor Paper. (Note: You will need to mask certain cupcakes, and you will definitely need to use the Stamp-a-ma-jig!) Watercolor the cupcakes as you desire using a Blender Pen and the following inks: Melon Mamba, Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, and Certainly Celery. (Tip: I use the easy method of just touching the tip of your blender pen to the ink pad itself. This usually provides enough ink for small images.) Stamp a single cupcake of your choice to be used on the sentiment oval. Once again, let your creativity soar and color it any way that you wish!
- Add a Bermuda Bay wash around the perimeter of the cupcake block. To accomplish this I used a Sponge Dauber to apply the ink, and followed with an Aqua Painter.
- Mat the Cupcake block onto Melon Mambo followed by Bermuda Bay.
- Prepare two 2-1/8″ by 1-1/8″ reactangular blocks from Melon Mambo and mat onto Bermuda Bay. Attach to the Cupcake block as shown.
- Attach snippets of Bermuda Bay and Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbons to the Cupcake block as shown. Position and adhere the Cupcake block with its attachments to the card base.
- Adhere Certainly Celery buttons from the Fresh Favorites I collection to the rectangular blocks as shown. Mini Glue Dots are just the ticket to get the buttons to stick. (Tip: For “thread”, I used strips of Bermuda Bay.)
- Punch a large oval from Melon Mambo using the Large Oval Punch. Punch a scalloped oval from Bermuda Bay using the Scalloped Oval Punch.
- Ink the “Sweetest Ever” sentiment from The More the Merrier with Bermuda Bay, and stamp onto Whisper White. Punch out using the Word Window Punch. Mat onto the Melon Mambo oval followed by the Bermuda Bay scalloped oval. Attach to the card base as illustrated with Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- For a touch of whimsy, add a cupcake to the sentiment.
The nice thing about these cupcakes is that you can make as many as you wish…they are calorie free, and go quite nicely with Razzleberry Lemonade!
Time is counting down, and July 1st will be here before you know it! If you would like to join my group and receive demonstrator perks and benefits, don’t hesitate to contact me today! I would love to discuss what it means to be a Stampin’ Up demonstrator with you!
Your comments are very important to me, so please feel free to leave me a comment. I would love to hear from you! Until next time…
Stamp Set: The More the Merrier (Hostess Level 3 115322—Available July 1st)
Inks: Basic Black (101179), Melon Mambo (116656—Available July 1st), Bermuda Bay (115655—Available July 1st), Rich Razzleberry (115658—Available July 1st), Certainly Celery (105217)
Designer Series Paper: Razzleberry Lemonade (115675—Available July 1st)
Card Stock: Textured Whisper White (108693 Available in the Neutrals Assorted Pack), Melon Mambo (115320—Available July 1st), Bermuda Bay (115317—Available July 1st), Watercolor Paper (105019)
Tools: Stamp-a-ma-jig (101049), Scallop Oval Punch (114889), Large Oval Punch (107305), Word Window Punch (105090)
Embellishments: Melon Mambo Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115611—Available July 1st), Bermuda Bay Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (115610—Available July 1st), Certainly Celery Buttons—Fresh Favorites I Collection (107421)