Woo hoo! Nicole and I are back with another On the CASE. I am working my way through Stampin’ Up!® catalogs, breaking down samples step-by-step, in order to provide you with free tutorials so you can CASE your own. Nicole is using her investigative skills to solve CASES throughout the crafting universe. Let the fun begin!
Today I am CASEing an adorable tag from the Occasions Catalog. This tag uses the Butterfly Gala bundle. Since I need cards more than tags, after I created the tag, I added it to a card base. I hope you enjoy today’s tag card.
Tag and Tag Card
Butterfly Gala Bundle
With the extremely bitter temperatures we have been having here in SE Iowa, I definitely needed a breath of spring. And what better harbinger of spring than butterflies! I love the Butterfly Gala bundle, especially when paired with this fabulous gingham paper. Here’s the tag I CASEd…
Stamps: Butterfly Gala Bundle (Includes Butterfly Duet Punch)
Paper: Whisper White Thick cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″), Whisper White cardstock (2-1/2″ x 2-1/2″), Lemon Lime Twist cardstock (4″ x 5-1/4″, 2-1/4″ x 3-1/4″), Shimmery White cardstock (2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″), Vellum Cardstock (2-1/2″ x 1-1/2″), Gingham Gala 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper (Balmy Blue Large Check: 3-3/4″ x 5-1/8″; Balmy Blue Small Check: 2-1/8″ x 3-1/8″; Lemon Lime Twist Small Check: 3″ x 4-3/8″; )
Inks: Balmy Blue, Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist, Jet Black StazOn
Other: Big Shot, Rectangle Stitched Framelits Dies, 2-1/4″ Circle Punch, Paper Snips, Aqua Painter, Whisper White 5/8″ Flax Ribbon, Gingham Gala Adhesive Backed Sequins, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Mini Glue Dots, SNAIL Adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals
“On the CASE” Notes
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base. Crease using a bone folder.
2. Die cut the Large Check Balmy Blue paper frame by centering the 3″ x 4-3/8″ Stitched Rectangle framelit inside the largest Stitched Rectangle framelit. Mat the “frame” onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, and add to the card base.
3. Die cut the Small Check Lemon Lime Twist paper using the 3″ x 4-3/8″ Stitched Rectangle framelit. Adhere inside the “frame”.
4. Brayer the piece of Small Check Balmy Blue paper with Balmy Blue ink. Mat onto Lemon Lime Twist cardstock and adhere to the card base using dimensionals.
5. Make a loop from 9″ of Whisper White Flax ribbon. Adhere to the brayered paper. Snip the ends at an angle.
6. Ink the sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist ink. Stamp onto Whisper White cardstock. Punch out using the 2-1/4″ Circle punch. Adhere to the card using dimensionals.
7. Punch out a butterfly from vellum. Adhere to the circle.
8. Ink the Butterfly image with Jet Black StazOn and stamp onto Shimmery White cardstock. Color the wings using an Aqua Painter and Balmy Blue and Daffodil Delight inks. When dry, stamp the body and antennae. Snip out using paper snips. Adhere on top of the vellum butterfly.
9. Accent with Lemon Lime Twist sequins. Optional: Accent the sequins with rhinestones.
If you would like to print off or save a step-by-step tutorial for today’s tag card, just click on the button below. (In order to save ink, I have not included all the pictures which you see above! )
How Hard Was It to Crack This CASE
This tag card is fun to make. There are several die cutting steps involved, as well as fussy cutting. The water coloring is very forgiving, while the stamping is simple. Difficulty Level: 2.5 out of 5, because of the time involved and the number of steps.
Now head on over to Nicole at Pixel Maven’s Retreat to see the CASE file she has been working on. Nicole always writes the BEST tutorials!
Would you like to create your own tag card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own tag card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a little gift from me IF you use the Host Code, plus you will be eligible for Sale-A-Bration rewards. Click HERE to see your SAB choices. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host and Sale-A-Bration Rewards.
Current Code: AQW3JUPA
Information about the Stampin’ Schach Online Host Club is now available! Read all about it HERE!
As always, if you have any questions about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- The $99 Starter Kit is the BEST DEAL EVER! Check out the details HERE.
- Join My Paper Pumpkin.
- Earn free product with my “Shop with Schach” Loyalty Program.
- Join my Online Host Rewards Club!
- Refer-A-Friend! Free Gifts for both of you! Check it out!
- Check out the Clearance Rack and save!
- See my Retired Sets for Sale.
- Follow me on Pinterest.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel.
- To receive my daily blog updates and monthly newsletters, subscription links are in the right sidebar.
- If you are in need of any current catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me ([email protected]).