It’s time for the Festive Friday Challenge, where every challenge is a party! For FF0023, we are celebrating New Year’s and/or Sparkle & Shine. I happened to create a sparkly New Year’s card with shine. Nothing like covering all the bases! However you decide to create is fine with us, so please play along. We can’t wait to see what you create!
Sparkly New Year’s Card
(Please Note: This card is so sparkly, and the Black Foil reflects everything. It was difficult to photograph.)
Colors of the Day
Stamps and Papers and Inks…Oh, My!
Papers: Whisper White Thick Cardstock (4-1/4″ x 11″), Gold Foil (4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″, scrap), Sparkle Glimmer Paper (4″ x 5-1/4″, 4″ x 1-1/2″, 2-1/2″ x 1″, scraps), Joyous Noel Glimmer Paper (Tranquil Tide – 1-1/2″ x 3-3/4″, Merry Merlot – scrap)
Other: Big Shot, Bottles & Bubbles Framelits, Celebrate You Thinlits, Little Numbers (retired), Fine-Tip Glue Pen, SNAIL adhesive, Stampin’ Dimensionals, Tear & Tape Adhesive
Festive Friday Tutorial
Your Step-by-Step Guide
1. Score the Whisper White Thick cardstock at 5-1/2″ to form the card base. Crease using a bone folder.
2. Adhere cardstock to the card base in this order: Gold Foil, Sparkle Glimmer Paper, Black Foil.
3. Die cut the word Celebrate from Sparkle Glimmer Paper using the Celebrate You thinlits. Adhere to the card front as shown. Die cut the numbers from Sparkle Glimmer Paper. Adhere to the card front. NOTE: I used the retired Little Numbers thinlits. However, if you do not have these, use your favorite word processing program and print off appropriately sized numbers. Use these as a template, and cut out your own sparkly digits!
4. Using the Bottles & Bubbles framelits, die cut the following items: Tranquil Tide Glimmer Paper – large bottle; Gold Foil – bottle neck, cap; Sparkle Glimmer Paper – bubbles, label; Merry Merlot Glimmer Paper – heart.
5. Construct the bottle, and adhere to the card base using dimensionals. Add the bubbles.
The Challenge Twists
As mentioned earlier, Festive Friday is a challenge with twists. We offer alternatives for every challenge. To see all of the inspiration our Design Team has created for you, head on over to Festive Friday Challenges!
Would you like to create your own sparkly New Year’s card? If you enjoyed today’s card, and would like to create your own sparkly New Year’s card, the supply list is located below. Clicking on a product takes you right to my store. Be sure to use this month’s Host Code. Online orders over $75 (before tax and shipping) will receive a little gift from me IF you use the Host Code. If your order is $150 or more, please do not use the Host Code. You will automatically receive the gift from me, as well as your own Host Rewards.
As always, if you ever have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away! Until next time…
- Shop Stampin’ Up!’s Year End Closeout HERE!
- Are you in search of a specific retired stamp set? I just might have it on my list of Retired Sets for Sale.
All items on my retired list are on sale at 25% off the price listed through December 31st.
- If you are in need of a 2019 Occasions Catalog, and you do not have a demonstrator, please email me and I will drop one in the mail for you!