It’s time for another round of inspiration from The Stamp Review Crew. If this is your very first visit, we are a group of Stampin’ Up! demonstrators whose mission is to do a blog hop on the first and third Mondays of each month. Our hops are unique because each of us features the same stamp set. The result is you see the versatility of the set and the amazing things you can create with it. This week we are featuring Watercolor Wings. I am Stop #15 on the hop. You may have just left Stop #14: the talented Bronwyn Eastley. I have designed a gift card bag and a card for you. Enjoy today’s hop!
This little gift bag is a snap to create! It’s size is perfect for holding a gift card.
- Random stamping! The butterfly image was randomly stamped over the surface of a Sketched Dots Tag a Bag Gift Bag. I used Soft Suede, Soft Sky and Sahara Sand inks. I inserted a piece of Soft Sky card stock so the patterns “popped”! Don’t you love how the dots show up? Tip: To prevent the inks from smearing between colors, dry them with the Heat Tool.
- Sparkle! A single large butterfly is the perfect accent. Once again, I used Soft Suede, Soft Sky and Sahara Sand inks. A smaller butterfly was cut out of vellum using the Bold Butterfly Framelits. Rhinestones and Dazzling Diamonds Stampin’ Glitter add a touch of sparkle! Tip: I covered the vellum using the 2 Way Glue Pen and sprinkled the glitter over it. To keep it flat while it dried, I added a touch of repositionable adhesive to the back, and laid it on a piece of scratch paper.
- Lace! A double Sahara Sand Lace bow is the final finishing touch. Tip: For those of you who have not viewed my video on creating double bows, here is a link to it which will explain how to achieve perfect results every time: Creating Double Bows
- Bling! A random spattering of Rhinestones adds a fun touch! Tip: I tansfer rhinestones and pearls with the tip of paper snips.
- Dots! Soft Sky and Sahara Sand Polka Dots, courtesy of the polka dot stamp from this set, adorn a Whisper White oval for a touch of color.
- Butterfly and bow! The butterfly and Sahara Sand Lace bow from the gift bag are replicated again on the card.
Project #3: From the Archives
And here is another card I created recently using Watercolor Wings, along with accents from Butterfly Basics. The color scheme is the same as the two projects designed specifically for today’s hop.
I hope you enjoyed today’s bag and card. Won’t you let me know in today’s comment? Your comments are important to me, and I do read each and every one. Of course, if you ever have a question about the cards I create or the techniques I use, I am only an email away. Now hop along to Stop #16, the incomparable Jen Timko! I guarantee you will not be disappointed with what she has in store for you! If you get lost along the way, you can find a list of all the hoppers at The Stamp Review Crew. Until next time…